Badcopyinc

A week with my Mh 871

I just received my mh871 last wed (5 days ago).

followed along with noobie guide and mh 871 box to first cut video.

And plenty of youtube and threads from here on inkscape and illustrator.

here is what i have done so far!

also marvin was just finished tonight took me forever to get everything even!! not to mention 3 hours of fooling around with inkscape and illustrator till it was just right!

post-26178-0-28618500-1346720215.jpg

• Like 4

Yes he is yellow green white and red on black took me a while to figure out how to add them all separately.

Im still trying to figure out where i want to put him up

Before you place Marvin anywhere, clean up his edge contours.

By the way, you might enjoy having a MEGA 10-DVD collection of cut-ready material.

ebay auction 230847194933

Last week, I used a shark from that set.

(Put it onto a MAKO boat)

Marvin is ok but the black layer of vinyl I drew I'm still green with vector editing...Slowly but surely ill get there

I meant with a scissors or xacto knife, cut away that extra white edge showing around the black outline.

You're doing fine, in any case. You've got the right idea, to just jump in and play around.

It looks like you have a "thing" for aliens!

1978274-green-alien-monster-vector-illustration.jpg

Oh i see thats the backing on the vinyl yeah i was in a rush to trim that away... yeah cartoons in general is my thing loved them as a kid and it never faded!

Heck your farther ahead of the game than I am... I am yet to do anything multilayered....

Bruce

It is not that hard at all play around with a design or two there are some vids on here on how to . Most designs are easy to just line up by eye but complex ones you may want registration marks to line up with and there are instructions on here how to do that in signblazer .

Dan

• Like 1

I did it with text first then got comfortable with it like that then I tried Marvin..The better I get with inkscape and ai the more comfortable I am with complex designs. Now I just need to order good vinyl and 60 blades and ill be on my way!