Double A

My attempts a cutting and Viynl creation

Im in champlin trying to figure out this whole Viynl cutting thing

What do you need help in?

We can always make a day for us " Twin Cities " people can get together!! and throw off some idea's..

www.tcgfx.net

www.facebook.com/twincitiesgraphix

email me if you need help calvin@twincitiesgraphix.com

The only problem I'm having Is learning sign blazer and inkscape. I think I'm figuring them both out slowly and my cutter keeps cutting through the vinyl all the way

Other than that I think in getting the hang of it and trying to do more complicated stuff everyday

The only problem I'm having Is learning sign blazer and inkscape. I think I'm figuring them both out slowly and my cutter keeps cutting through the vinyl all the way

Other than that I think in getting the hang of it and trying to do more complicated stuff everyday

I sent you a PM

If you need anyhelp we could get together and i can give you a few tips and pointers .. i have plenty of scrap we can practice on lol and show you how to do it!

yep looking good.. i wish i had the help weeding right now wow.. i have alot to do just got a big order in today and had to run and get vinyl even lol

yep looking good.. i wish i had the help weeding right now wow.. i have alot to do just got a big order in today and had to run and get vinyl even lol

Where do you get your vinyl from locally?

Hello, I have a few technical questions for you --

1. What happened to the letter "j" in the tag line for the Life Rides? It is missing the dot over it (I think it should be upper case, to match the rest of the structure of capitalizing the first letters of words)

Along the same lines, you have mixed upper and lower case letters, using "a" and then "A"

2. Why layer the Elite decal? The outline doesn't stand out, it disappears into the window darkness.

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Keep on with the Keep on.

• Like 1

1. Thats how my buddy wanted it so that what he got and he did the install so the dot above the j might have came off of something

2. it looks alot better out in the day light and you can notice it alot better. Also i might do a bigger one with brighter colors soon to get more noticed

Fair enough.

This presents you with a great opportunity, to provide your buddy with the missing dot, or even better, a replacement Uppercase "J"

(by the way, it was your fault the dot disappeared, probably during weeding.

I know this to be true, because it is missing from the prepared decal which you showed a picture of, taken lying on the floor by your feet). This is a common thing to happen, with dots, periods, commas...

and when it happens, you definitely want to fix it.

If you ever go back and re-do the work with your name on the window, try kerning out the letters slightly, so they don't touch each other. This procedure can be initiated by selecting the text, then going to the EDIT menu, choose Edit Text and then dragging the box that appears to the right of the line of text. You don't need to go far, just a tiny bit of separation.

THANKS FOR THE TIPS

just been having a problem with the cutter holder staying in one spot. when ever i do a big decal/graphic it tends to slide up and not cut completely through. the only way i can prevent it it to tighten it all the way and almost feels like im going to break it.

thanks for that tip im still learning the softwares and learning more everyday

You're most welcome, I try to provide honest criticism, that helps you and others.

The nice thing about this forum is it gives pointers and tips, allowing readers here to avoid typical problems that some of us have already encountered.

As for your blade holder, make sure it's in the correct rear position (your cutter probably has two positions, the front one is designed for Cut-Through, which is the problem you're describing)

thats the problem it is in the back holder position but still wiggles lose if not completely tightened all the way

Here's a suggestion, maybe it will solve this (I've never done it myself, but logically it should work)

Wrap the blade-holder around with a strip of electrical tape.