dahaku

Laserpoint blade holder, mine does not seem to fit right

Hello,

I purchased the 24" laserpoint cutter, but my blade holder does not seem to fit right.  I am able to fit the blade, then when i place the blade holder into the cutter, it seems as if it is too large.  I am not able to "force" the silver screw together enough to grab the thread to hold it in.  It does stay, but it looks as if it will break.  See pic..  Does not look like the other pics i have found online...HELP, as i do not want to have it break soon...

post-3498-12986527361334_thumb.jpg

post-3498-12986527391701_thumb.jpg

Push the carriage arm together to get the screw to catch. When the unit is new, it does fit fairly snug, but over time after you have replaced a few blades, it will go in easier.

You might also try getting the threading just barely started with the blade holder removed, then getting the blade holder back in place and tightening it down the rest of the way. When they are new it will be a snug fit though. Mine is also pretty new and it looks similar to your picture.

Mine is the same way also.  It does get easier to close after you do it a few times. I was afraid i would break it the first time. I'm kind of like a bull in a china shop.

mine is a tight fit, but not that tight. i have to remove the thumbscrew to get the holder in and out, but it clamps down ok.

bb

hi, i agree....

i think they should mention this in the manual.

I hold off on fully installing the blade until I saw this post.

which means i wasn't able to use my LP.

thanks

now i can move forward

holy schnikies. mine was not that snug either. i usually have the holder screw started then wiggle the holder into position ... usually inadvertently changing the depth of the blade that I just finished dialing in  :-

holy schnikies. mine was not that snug either. i usually have the holder screw started then wiggle the holder into position ... usually inadvertently changing the depth of the blade that I just finished dialing in  :-

schnikies???  Thats one I havent heard

They changed the design a few months ago :

that means sharpies might fit better in the new holders. maybe a new smaller diameter blade holder is in order as a retrofit for the newer machines?

bb

redesigned? shoud I be buying a new blade holder?? yikes.

you can get them in different barrel sizes and lengths. google it.

bb

Mine is very tight too.  For a while I didn't even get it screwed together.  It seemed to hold the blade holder fine without being tightened down but I discovered that somehow the blade kept getting longer with every cutting and I was cotinuously resetting the blade depth.  I finally took the blade holder out, adjusted the blade then I got out my channel locks (big pliers), placed the blade holder in place then instead of trying to push the thumb screw together with my hands, I clamped the area together with the pliers and held it together while I got the screw started.  That's how tight it was.  I am now hearing that it might get easier as time goes on.  I hope so.  Not that I change the blade that much but I do switch over to the pen holder from time to time. 

I have had my Laserpoint 24 for about 4 months and I mostly love it.

Bonnie

Corel Draw X3 - Signcut X2 - SignBlazer 

Wow, my PCUT is just the opposite,  my clamp closes completely. It came with two thin washers on the screw even. The blade holder on my PCUT measures 11.4 mm and I had to wrap a few turns of scotch tape around a Sharpie to get the clamp to tighten on it. If anything my screw is too long as I can actually tighten it where it will stick though enough to rub on the servo housing and not travel up and down. Do all of you guys with the problem have Lazerpoints? I though all of these USCUTTER cutters used Roland style blade holders...

Terry

I have had my LP24 for over a year and I have never had to take the screw out to get the blade holder out.

I loosen it a couple of turns and the holder comes out.

Did they change something on the holder.  KEN and ideas out there?

Dave

I just bought my LP a few weeks ago, and the blade holder seemed very tight too.  I thought about sanding down the part with the blade in it but tried the one I had been using in my old PCut.  It fit great. 

I just bought my LP a few weeks ago, and the blade holder seemed very tight too.  I thought about sanding down the part with the blade in it but tried the one I had been using in my old PCut.  It fit great. 

i would say the blade holder has changed diameter. the carriage seems to be the same according to this post.

bb

Mine is also very tight. I just got the LP last night and spent a bit of time trying to figure out if I was even installing it correctly. There is no mention in the paper manual that comes with the box and there should be. Glad the forums are here, I'll start here from now on with my questions!!