Hi new here, new to vinyl, new period, so here is my question, how do I contour cut a printed transfer for t shirts?

I have a compan 2500

Thanks  Roger

Good Luck!

The optical eye on the copam is, I believe, just for the measuring of the material...

I think this is a good one for Beardown. Try to PM this question to him.

I'm really new, and so I'm suprised that I think I know this one! What program are you using? I have coreldraw, signcut and also the copam. If you have coreldraw I can tell you how I do it.

Hey, infingerpaint2, I am using corel 13, with signcut,  and copan,I know this can be done just need some help.

Thanks

R. :huh:

I am using CorelDRAWX3 so I don't know if you have the same options as I do...there is a rocket shaped button that gives me a few choices to chose from, one is send it to sign cut, but another is called SignIT-X2. If you have that option, click on it. It always takes forever to load and open, but it eventually opens a little window that will then have the contour option along with a few others. I think that it works with coreldraw, but is really a seperate program. I think that you should be able to figure it out from there if you have that as an option. Hope that helped!

I think this is a good one for Beardown. Try to PM this question to him.

I dont think he's got a copam, I think only the refine...

Anyways... I believe that sign-it does have a countour option... But can Sign-it read the vinyls registration marks so that it contour cuts a pre-printed image...

He sent me a PM that said he is using corel 13, signcut, and a compam, I'm just not sure that corel13 has sign-it?? For some reason I hadn't realized that his image was already printed...probably won't work for that...

Hi, Yea, the corel is x3, the immage is printed, its for heat press transfer on garments, if the transfer is not trimed it leaves a white box on dark garments on the outside of the print, I am thinking you should be able to import the image to sign cut some how and just contour cut the image out with manuel registraton, trouble is I dont have a clue if this can be done, and it has to be tricky to get it lined up .

Thanks

R. :huh:

Right Right, But what Im saying is...

I Dont think that the copam can READ the registration marks on your printed graphic...  I think that the optical eye is only for measuring the vinyl...

Tater knows his stuff, if he doesn't think it can be done, he's most likely right...sorry! I misunderstood the first post thinking that you were creating your own test and wanting to contour it. I'm sure you could import the image, but getting it lined up for cutting would be next to impossible I think. Wish I could've helped...