Sign in to follow this  
cano450

ebay deals?

I am new to vinyl cutting and I found 2 different vinyl cutting machines on ebay . One is a Vinyl Express R24 Cutter plotter for $379.00 The other is a Enduracut vinyl cutter for $699.00 both offer the same software LXi Apprentice Software. Do you guy think its ok to try the less expensive or the other.

I looked at the SignWarehouse cutters when I was in the market. They didn't have this model at the time. The price doesn't look bad but the software is very limited what it can do. The LXi software is why I didn't buy the Signwarehouse cutter. I think the software in 75% of what makes a cutter.

What software do you use? Which one do you suggest? Also why are some cutters advertised with contouring feature? :o

When I bought my cutter SignBlazer was still in business. I am still using it and like it a lot. The trial version of SignBlazer does so much more than the LXi software that you will get from SignWarehouse. I can't speak for the cutters that you are looking at because I don't know much about them. I have a PCut and have been very happy with it. The contour cutting is the ability to take printed decals and index them on the cutter to cut an outline or "Contour" around them. The lazerpoint does and I think the Refine that USCutter sells may have the capability.

Those SignWarehouse turds are funny, you know.

When we first started selling our import machines on eBay, we were taking alot of business away from them. So, they made this "indirect" post on all of their listings warning people about Chinese import cutters, and to be cautious of the seller or the equipment, etc., etc., etc.

Now, they have gone out and hooked up with RedSail, one of the original Chinese manufacturers we had looked at, and have begun to offer something similar to our budget units. Did they jump the gun with their accusations? Perhaps an oversight?

Draw your own opinion of their business practices....

:huh:

I have the Copam 2500 and LOVE IT!! I've owned it since December and have never regretted one moment.

I didn't know you could call someone a turd on here. I will remember that. :huh:

Have a nice safe weekend,Ken.

Thanks for the info. I am thinking of buying a  NEW ProCut CR630 25" SIGN CUTTER 5x15FT Vinyl 900FT Tape MEGAART from ebay. It looks like a great buy.

Thanks for the info. I am thinking of buying a  NEW ProCut CR630 25" SIGN CUTTER 5x15FT Vinyl 900FT Tape MEGAART from ebay. It looks like a great buy.

I hope it not the $850 one. That seems kind of steep when you can get the cutter for $380.

Go with this ne from USCutter:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-24-25-Vinyl-Cutter-Cutting-Plotter-USCutter-w-USB_W0QQitemZ280267966076QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280267966076&_trkparms=72%3A1240%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1308&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14-

I would just buy the base unit, then pick your own vinyl and graphics somewhere else. You can get a better deal that way.

I have benn reading alot of posts about us cutters ProCut CR630, and there seem to be alot of people with problems with this brand of machine. So now I'm not sure I want to buy this brand just because its a good deal. If you guys have any other options or want to sell me on this machine please inform me. Like I said I'm intrestead in starting a home business. Thanks :huh:

I have benn reading alot of posts about us cutters ProCut CR630, and there seem to be alot of people with problems with this brand of machine. So now I'm not sure I want to buy this brand just because its a good deal. If you guys have any other options or want to sell me on this machine please inform me. Like I said I'm intrestead in starting a home business. Thanks :huh:

I have the PCut 630. It looks a little different than the model in the eBay posting you noted but I'm sure it's made by the same company. I have been happy with it. The only problem I have had is with the USB connection. I switched from USB to serial and now it works fantastic. I have had it for less than a year and paid for it 10x over. It's just a hobby for me.

I hate to do this but.. http://www.bridgecutters.com

I have the 50 inch and I use xp and it was a snap to install. I use the serial cable and flexi pro but started with Illustrator and sign cut and that worked great also.

That looks alot like the ProCut CR630 and its about the same price. Is that company just starting?

I have the 50 inch and I use xp and it was a snap to install. I use the serial cable and flexi pro but started with Illustrator and sign cut and that worked great also.

Looks like those come with  SignCut and ArtCut though they don't way til you get to the setup page. I didn't think anyone sold cutters with ArtCut anymore. Its not very good. Add $109 to the price of the cutter for WinPC sign...still not as good as Flexi,IMHO (and most everyone else's).

If my math is right,thats $468 with free shipping and WinPC Sign(the starter version)

The Refine 24",with stand...and SignBlazer...good cutting and design software...especially once they get the registration thing settled....Would be $349+ shipping. Shipping would make it still less than the bridge.

Bridge cutters are comparable in quality to the refine series. I might also add that the 25" Bridge comes with 2 pinch rollers, the refine has 3.

Would be $349+ shipping. Shipping would make it still less than the bridge.

Bridge cutters are comparable in quality to the refine series.

USCutter still has the Flat Rate $9.99 shipping. That would be $359.

The CR series is mainly being sold in the UK, and is NOT like the CT series that USCutter sells.

I'm still confused wich one is still the better buy? The 24 25 INCH VINYL CUTTER SIGN CUTTING PLOTTER Basket NEW http://cgi.ebay.com/24-25-INCH-VINYL-CUTTER-SIGN-CUTTING-PLOTTER-Basket-NEW_W0QQitemZ180294991632QQihZ008QQcategoryZ26245QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Or the NEW 24 - 25" Vinyl Cutter / Cutting Plotter SignCut USB http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-24-25-Vinyl-Cutter-Cutting-Plotter-SignCut-USB_W0QQitemZ180294985526QQihZ008QQcategoryZ26245QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I really want to buy one, but I want to get the best one for my money.

with the more expensive one you get Flexi which by itself is $99 plus you get the basket. I'd go that route. Flexi compared to Signcut is worth the extra.

I'm still confused wich one is still the better buy? The 24 25 INCH VINYL CUTTER SIGN CUTTING PLOTTER Basket NEW http://cgi.ebay.com/24-25-INCH-VINYL-CUTTER-SIGN-CUTTING-PLOTTER-Basket-NEW_W0QQitemZ180294991632QQihZ008QQcategoryZ26245QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Or the NEW 24 - 25" Vinyl Cutter / Cutting Plotter SignCut USB http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-24-25-Vinyl-Cutter-Cutting-Plotter-SignCut-USB_W0QQitemZ180294985526QQihZ008QQcategoryZ26245QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I really want to buy one, but I want to get the best one for my money.

Neither, because they only come with a 2-month subscription to SignCut. Ours comes with a 3-year subscription if you choose SignCut, and ALOT more value than the startup company trying to compete with us. These are also the CR series of PCuts which are new, and do not have much support.

OK? So link me to that cutter you are talking about. What do you offer as far as clip art software, or is all you sell is cutters only?

We include SignBlazer with our cutters that comes with a clip-art library, unless you choose another program such as SignCut, which would not. We also offer the Vector ClipArt Collections sold for $299 through www.vectorart.com, but we sell them for only $99.

Here is a link to one of our PCuts: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-24-25-Vinyl-Cutter-Cutting-Plotter-USCutter-W-USB_W0QQitemZ280276082919QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280276082919&_trkparms=72%3A1419%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Thanks! I was looking at the wrong post on Ebay. So for a starting a home business is that the cutter you think is the best one to start with?