Sign in to follow this  
OZZIEIMAC

VINYL BRAND - RESPECT ?

Hello ALL,

Can anyone advise me of the quality of a Vinyl Brand called RESPECT ,the supplier claims 3 yrs out door life.I 'm pretty new to this so i dont want to buy ill quality vinyl when i order my cutter.Also if you could recommend a particular brand which commonly used that people have great confidence in.

Appreciate your help .

Cheers,

PJ

I haven't heeard of "respect" brand vinyl. 3 year life is the low end of the spectrum. I prefer Oracal. Usually Oracal 651 or all purpose. It is a 5 year vinyl.

made in China since 1996.

People on the UK sign forums saying it is decent enough for temporary signage but thick and hard to weed. But this was 2 years ago and it might have gotten better.

UNless the price is very good, FDC would probably be just as cheap and it is definately decent vinyl.

3 year? Never hear of Respect brand either, i use Oracal and Avery...they have 5 and 7 year.

I would definitely agree with Oracle 651. Its pretty easy to weed, Affordable, and the 5yr rating is sufficient in most uses.

Slainte

Thanks Guys !

I guess i will use the respect that i got for free and treat it with no respect. I have been in contact with my local supplier and they have Oracle 651 on the shelf so i will be getting some from them when i have shredded my respect vinyl rolls.......This will test my patience..lol :thumbsup:

Once again appreciate your feed back ! Another lesson learnt !

Cheers,

PJ  :thumbsup: