Vermonster

Haunted Halloween Garage - Who Does em?

Not sure how I find the time for this kinda stuff but...I was just wondering anyone else do this too?

Weener (Wee-ner) adj - One has an infatuation with the Halloween Season, and also likes to "get their BOO on" and scare the crap out of poor unsuspecting children.

We have any other Weeners out there besides me? 

This years Haunted Garage Upgrades include

- Animitronic 6' Scientist who says what I've pre-recorded and synthesized on my computer already :P

- Motion sensor props using two way solenoids hooked to air pistons and a compressor (so they pop out when you walk by a certain sensor)

- Large, professionally made 6' spider who has a spitting mechanism hooked to a compressor and a container of water that spits it's venom and drops down infront of people as they're leaving the garage

- Self Made people in cocoons that shake violently when someone approaches (yeah, motion sensors too and they're home made ones :P 

Yeah, I'm a weener and I'm PROUD of it!! 

Not sure how I find the time for this kinda stuff but...I was just wondering anyone else do this too?

Weener (Wee-ner) adj - One has an infatuation with the Halloween Season, and also likes to "get their BOO on" and scare the crap out of poor unsuspecting children.

We have any other Weeners out there besides me? 

This years Haunted Garage Upgrades include

- Animitronic 6' Scientist who says what I've pre-recorded and synthesized on my computer already ;D

- Motion sensor props using two way solenoids hooked to air pistons and a compressor (so they pop out when you walk by a certain sensor)

- Large, professionally made 6' spider who has a spitting mechanism hooked to a compressor and a container of water that spits it's venom and drops down infront of people as they're leaving the garage

- Self Made people in cocoons that shake violently when someone approaches (yeah, motion sensors too and they're home made ones :) 

Yeah, I'm a weener and I'm PROUD of it!! 

Dude you could serious charge for that kind of entertainment.  :thumbsup:

No Weeners (besides Ken) ?

What is this world coming to.  Skipped over the hard work, fake blood, and make up and went straight to the candy?  lol

SJ,

Ya, I'm a Weener too!

Though all of my stuff is in the front yard, and drive way, and roof, and huge oak tree.....

I have too much stuff to even start listing.  It usually takes two to three days to get all of the outdoor stuff up, and then there is the indoor decor to tackle.

All of my stuff is electric, and because of this I installed another two breakers in the fuse box to handle the power draw.  I have two big boxes of just electrical cords.

It is so massive of a display, I have to entice the kids to the front door with full sized candy bars, or they just wont go up the drive way.

My place is the big stop for blocks if not miles!

Man, I love this holiday.

:thumbsup:

Same here... each year it gets harder and harder to out-do the year before...this year, the air rams and spitting 6' spider should get me by :P

Does it count if I make stuff for a WEENER!!

One of my crew does a haunt every year. I build him stuff, he can't weld but I can  :thumbsup:

I have made him a couple of grave jumper that run on air rams and I working on a few other goodie this year.

He is pretty in to it. He does his hole yard so you have to walkaround in like a maze. I aslo made him some foam skulls :P

Lots of fun but right now My son is a little to young for most of what we do.

Keith

Counts in MY book.

I'm actually trying to make some of those now... I'm not having a good time with it either.  Can't seem to find the pieces and parts I need :thumbsup:

Wish you were closer.  I'd put you to work!  ((unless you ship))

for the last 8 years I have designed and built our fire company haunted house, this is the first year I stepped back and let someone else run it. we have an old tavern/inn we use for the event 4 floors of excitement and we put several thousand people through. I took great pride in building all our props from junk, a part from this a part from that bamb, we have an pneumatic prop! I have even traveled to different Halloween conventions and taught seminars on prop building. Always had a blast. due to the time it always demanded I never hung a single decoration at my house. It was always nice to work together with my wife and sons doing this. This year Ill be strictly an actor, ill tell you I do miss the building and planning but not the STRESS!

Halloween doesn't really have a massive following in Australia - but my garage is plenty scary enough without props  :thumbsup:

I spend Halloween on the PC in the Warcraft world partying with other like-minded people.  So that's where I spend the event.

Wouldn't mind seeing a few pics of what you all get up to.