SiboleGraphix

A Long Banner

I finally finished the banner for my hubs friend. He said he really likes it, and will definetly be doing more work with me. He wants me to do store front windows, the door, car decals to sell and give out for his business, and more banners. I already did the signs inside and a "New Ownership" banner for him.

This banner was 2'x16'. It was kind of hard working with bigger letters, but I finally got my husband to agree on doing it hinge style, and it worked best. Now off to finish more signs.

Amber

post-2747-12986524702204_thumb.jpg

post-2747-12986524702687_thumb.jpg

post-2747-12986524703211_thumb.jpg

post-2747-12986524729993_thumb.jpg

post-2747-12986524730352_thumb.jpg

post-2747-12986524730708_thumb.jpg

Awesome job Amber!!!!

Glad to hear you will be getting extra work out of it also!! WAY TO GO GIRL!

Jenny

Thanks everyone!

I used 651 oracal, and it was 24", as that's all I had on hand.

Thanks Jenny. My hubs is finding me work left and right. Just as I was finishing this banner, his friend from another company came by and asked if I could make them some signs! I have more work then my husband does!

Gotta keep moving! I still have to design a logo for a band too!

Amber

Amber, that is great!!  Before long your hubby won't have to find you work.....they will be calling YOU all on their own!!  ;D

Keep it going girl!!

Jenny

Amber, why dont you go to that other forum where they treated you wrong and show them your awesome banner and then spit them in the face? Well not actually spit them, but let them know what you can do.

Amber, why dont you go to that other forum where they treated you wrong and show them your awesome banner and then spit them in the face? Well not actually spit them, but let them know what you can do.

;D  ;D

Haha! I was thinking about that Joe. I posted pics of my husbands vehicles and trailer, and they still picked them apart. They just don't like the fact that I'm a newbie and getting business.  ;D

Thank you to everyone. Without this forum, I'd probably have run from that banner.

Amber

Amber, glad you found this forum.............cause anyone can do this with enough determination and support!! I'm so happy for ya!!

Those other people just suck anyways....  ;D

Thanks Jenny and Charlie. I love this place. I honestly don't know what I would be doing if I hadn't found you all! I learn something new everyday on here.

Your all the best!  ;D

Amber

That is an awsome banner. I am just getting into doing trailers. My brother in law has a 44' racing trailer i am getting ready to do. I just wanted to know did you use three layers of vinyl or was it just two? I know you can weed the white out and I asume that is what you did becuase it was on a white banner. And how did you get the black around the red. I am having trouble doing that with my software. I am still learning. Every time I put a shadwo behind my stuff it wants to off set it doens't bubble around the letters like yours did.

Every time I put a shadwo behind my stuff it wants to off set it doens't bubble around the letters like yours did.

dont SHADOW it,  use EXPAND/OUTLINE if using Sign Blazer

To do the black, I just put an outline, then put a space between the outline and the actual lettering. I don't know the term for that. I have LXi though, so I'm not sure how you'd do that in any other programs. It was so much fun lining up the 2 colors!  ;D

Amber