andyhair

New COPAM 2500 won't cut

OK I have tried the signblazer demo, using the serial USB port (com4) and nothing happens when trying to cut. Still have the USB to USB, but with signblazer elements demo nothing happens. It has been over a month now since I bought this and I haven't been able to cut anything! Any news?

SignCut has not given me a solid answer yet, so for those having issue, give us a call: 425-481-3555

OK after calling I got this figured out! It definitely is a Sign Cut problem. Signblazer has worked well. Just one more problem I keep having; After setting up the COM4 serial, within signblazer, it works, only the next time I launch I go to set it up again, and the drop down menu where it asks for a driver to use is an empty list.... does that make sense? Should I have to keep setting up the port every time I cut?

Thanks.

You should not, unless the software is losing the connection. You are not unplugging the cable are you?

We don't get our Copam hooked up to the computer when not in use.

We shut the cutter off FIRST and than completely unplug it and we have not ever since had that problem.

I'm having the same problem. I am on Windows Vista, using SignBlazer, the Copam cuts the test fine, i've installed the VTDI (?) driver and set up the appropriate com port in Signblazer... no communication.

When i set "direct" it says sending to cutter for quite some time but the cutter doesn't make a peep. When i say "use manager" or whatever it goes straight to manager and says active then just disappears without the cutter doing a thing.

Help!  :thumbsup:

Never set to USe Cut Manager- always Direct. Make sure you have the CP-2500 as the top selection, and the second selection should look like: Blazer COM# - USB Serial Port.

Cutter needs to say Function Select when it is ready to cut. May need to turn the cutter off, then back on to clear the buffer memory after some unsuccessful cuts.

Also click on Comm Settings- should be 9600, 8, None, 1, Hardware.

Ok turning it off to clear the cache was exactly what it needed. It cut some seriously odd looking mess out of the image i gave it, but it DID cut! Now to figure out how to get it to do the right shape...

What should the speed, force and offset be? They are at 60, 60 and .25

We normally keep our speed towards the slowest, so no matter what we cut, it turns out great.

Hey I just set my copam up last night having the same problem could not load a driver.  I ended up using my laser point driver it cut ok for the first cut then something happened and it went real real slow.  Then after turning it on and off it seemed to cut a small name ok.  I will be trying again tonight.  There is driver issues it seems like.  It will not work with just loading the driver here I found out.  Not sure what to tell you  I am still trying to get and make sure mine is ok I will repost here later.

I cannot even figure out how to download the FTDI drivers you have a link to ken.  Only the DX22 I think it is.  Not a fun website to have to go to.

I think I just downloaded the right driver but like him I don't know how to install it?

Hey guys, I'm having the same problem with SignCut x2. I just received my cutter a few days ago and sat down with it yesterday. I was surprised to see the usb to usb, and quite happy that I had it. I'm glad I know my way around a computer because the instructions were only for the parallel and serial/usb. lol I got it all installed on com4, and working properly. Well I tried to send something from signcut and it moved about an inch but no cutting. At the time, I didn't see this thread, so I thought it was just me. Well I got SignBlazer trial installed and did the same thing, and it actually started cutting. BTW, i'm on Vista.

Is there a fix for SignCut X2 yet? I have the newest version of software for it.

New version of SignCut set to be released, and should address a few of these issues.

Give us a call for USB driver install help: 425-481-3555

Im having problems installing my copam 3500. I switched to vista and cant find the ports in device manager. I downloaded the driver and have had the software and plotter hooked up to different cpus but with xp and never vista. Any help with getting this figured out would be a great help i just took over a tattoo buisness and really need to get the stickers done for my shop and customers. Thanks

"D"

Im having problems installing my copam 3500. I switched to vista and cant find the ports in device manager. I downloaded the driver and have had the software and plotter hooked up to different cpus but with xp and never vista. Any help with getting this figured out would be a great help i just took over a tattoo buisness and really need to get the stickers done for my shop and customers. Thanks

"D"

"D"

Please submit a support ticket with USC

Same post in 6 threads!

Sorry thought this was a site for help from anyone on here didnt know i would have to pay someone to help with this piece of crap cutter. Thought i could ask a few people inn different threads without some one being rude. But thankx for the reply.

"D"