Sign in to follow this  
Garry

Cutting from Corel to a MH721

We have drivers available, but I have not been able to get them to work with the newest version of Corel.  What version are you running?  I would be happy to make them available online so that you can try them out.  If I don't get back to you within the next day, please feel free to bug me.

- Marcus 

I was wondering if you could post the drivers so i can cut directly from corel draw.  I am having troubles getting my cutter to cut straight.  I think it might be the software and i know corel works.  Please get back to me

Garry emailed me and said he will be out of town for the next couple of weeks but before he left he sent the details of what he did to get this driver to work. I haven't tested it myself but will post them here for anyone who might be interested in trying it out. Thanks a bunch Garry we do appreciate it  :huh:

I have used PNC 1000, CE1000  drivers both work by printing from COREL.

The set up I use is

Com1

none

Xon/ Xoff

Before changing the handshake to xon/xoff My cuts would start out and then turn into random  horizontal cuts i.e facing cutter it would run right to left. I also had to configure com1 in windows (win2K service pack 4) the same.

One thing I had to do in to COREL is go to tools, options, page. Then I selected custom for the paper and size 24" for the height and 96" for the width. I saved the page as a max cut. Then when I need to open COREL  I use this page as a template. When I am done designing and before I am ready to cut I select all and add a hairline to everything.

I print (cut) out of COREL using the preview or layout to position the design in the bottom left corner of the page, bottom left corner becomes x0,y0.

This link was a huge help for me setting up COREL. http://www.ssksupport.com/Equipment/DT60/CuttingThroughCorelDraw.pdf, and

http://www.ssksupport.com/Manuals/COREL/Cutting_through_CorelDraw.pdf

there is a lot of good information on this site. I am not associated with them in any way, I use Sign Warehouse as my supplier.

houseofvinylanddesign

One thing I forgot to put in my post, is that in Corel anything that is not a TTF font needs a hairline out line.

I just select all and add the hairline. If I contour test or a graphic, i.e. two colors I separate each color on its on layer then using object manager print each color separately.

If you would like you can email me at gah@prairieweb.com, put "vinyl cutting with corel" in the subject and I will try and get you cutting.

Best Regards

Garry

I  tried emailing you but i was not successfull,  I need help connecting my cutter to cut from corel.  I have versions 5, 9, 11, 13

thanks eddie

Hello, I did recieve your email today and will send you a response.

One more tip on using Corel is that you can try exporting the file as .PLT and then import it into Artcut. We were able to do that with one .CDR file that a customer sent us. You can see the example at this link.

http://uscutter.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=2&topic=54.0

I just wanted to add my two cents. I have Corel 13 and have been cutting without a problem. I followed Marcus's suggestions for the com port and used the Graphtec CE1000-60 driver. I would highly suggest that you create a Max Page setting like Marcus suggests, it makes it really easy to use. Remember that what you see on the page will cut in the machine from front to back and not left to right. Hope that helps.

Can I cut from Corel directly to my MH721??

I am having trouble figuringthis out.  I am trying to connect with LPT.  Is this a n issue?  I am so anxious to get going but I am determined to only use Corel.

The setup described in this thread is on com1.I don't know if there is a way on an lpt port.You might check out the pdf's listed by Garry on setting up in corel and see if they help.

http://www.ssksupport.com/Equipment/DT60/CuttingThroughCorelDraw.pdf,

Both of these links are broken :)

I think I will go get a COM1 cable and try Marcel's set-up

First off...thanks to everyone...I have learned a lot just by reading your posts.

:wav:

I am still having a problem importing from Corel 11...it does import but there are lines throughout drawing that are being cut, I am converting to curves. can anyone tell me what I am doing incorrectly

i was woundering if any one has been able to get a mh721 to print and/or cut from coral x3 yet, i have been trying al day. tryed using the ce1000 drivers and installed like talked about in this tread, but when is dose try to cut all i get is a bunch of little lines or i get a bunch of long boxes. heck i even tryed using the pnc1000 drivers with no luck.

thx

rob

I am either not understanding this thread, or not understanding the driver that I linked to from this forum and downloaded to my desktop.  CAN you cut directly form Corel (in our instance it is Corel Draw :huh: to the Refine MH721?  And that corel driver I downloaded is for Graftec plotters or something like that.  No mention of Refine.  So is there a different one for Refine plotters?  Can someone clarify both questions?  Thanks.

I dont know what your doing or not doing but i cut from corel X3 to sign cut X2 on a mh721 and have had no probloms eather settings is wrong or need to turn work 90*

Garry emailed me and said he will be out of town for the next couple of weeks but before he left he sent the details of what he did to get this driver to work. I haven't tested it myself but will post them here for anyone who might be interested in trying it out. Thanks a bunch Garry we do appreciate it  ;D

I have used PNC 1000, CE1000  drivers both work by printing from COREL.

The set up I use is

Com1

none

Xon/ Xoff

Before changing the handshake to xon/xoff My cuts would start out and then turn into random  horizontal cuts i.e facing cutter it would run right to left. I also had to configure com1 in windows (win2K service pack 4) the same.

One thing I had to do in to COREL is go to tools, options, page. Then I selected custom for the paper and size 24" for the height and 96" for the width. I saved the page as a max cut. Then when I need to open COREL  I use this page as a template. When I am done designing and before I am ready to cut I select all and add a hairline to everything.

I print (cut) out of COREL using the preview or layout to position the design in the bottom left corner of the page, bottom left corner becomes x0,y0.

This link was a huge help for me setting up COREL. http://www.ssksupport.com/Equipment/DT60/CuttingThroughCorelDraw.pdf, and

there is a lot of good information on this site. I am not associated with them in any way, I use Sign Warehouse as my supplier.

i tried all of this plus the corel drivers I still can not make the corel send to feature work .TO sign cut. I have the coreldrawx3. what would you suggest.

I just bought the MH721 Refine and am having no luck cutting from CorelX3. I have settings just like Garry suggested and also download Corel driver.  The Corel will not " send to", it always goes to a blank page on Sign cut,"no graphics are shown..Help !

Make sure the graphic is vectorized before sending to SignCut. If it is not, SignCut cannot read it.

Any updates on this topic, I have the SignBlazer software with my MH-871 when I cut circles they are all oval.

I'd rather just cut from Corel, those links are dead....Any help would be greatly appreciated.....Thanks..