firemalt

Another injury

So I'm not sure if anyone knows I dislocated my shoulder during a dirtbike race back in April, this year. It was a fairly simple wreck that invovled me trying to stick a pass in on someone when I should of just been a little more patient and waited for a better spot. My front tire clipped he rear tire, and down I went. Right shoulder dislocated on a ranch in Texas, 30 miles from town.

Over the last 4 months, I have recovered nicely. Working out to rebuild the muscles about the shoulder, rehabbing the ligaments in the shoulder, seeing a sports/medicine doctor on a regular basis. Everything's been great... until yesterday.  :P

While on duty at the FD, we went to the gym to workout. I started to do some back excerises, ones I do on a normal routine, and was even doing a lighter weight cause I was still warming up. I got on the lat pulldown machine, set it to 120lbs. Going through my reps just fine, and then on the 10th rep as I was allowing the bar back down... POP!

The SOB popped out of socket!!! I instantly knew what had happened, but was shocked cause it didn't give me any warning. My captain had just walked back into the gym from getting some water, and saw the whole thing unfold. He was speechless as I stood up and grabbed my arm for support.

So I spent a few hours in the E.R. yesterday  :P So this is the second time this has happened in 4 months... I think it's safe to say that we'll be looking at surgery this time.  :-

If I type some crazy stuff over the next few days... it's just the hydrocodone talking, lol.

post-1656-12986522291214_thumb.jpg

post-1656-12986522305606_thumb.jpg

oooh firemalt :P, ain't nothing wrong with u, u just wanted an opportunity to flash the body. :P

j/k dang, sorry to hear that although for what ur taking u should be feeling no pain my friend.

i hope u get well soon. :'( :P

now u can legally get away with anything hehe!

Sorry to hear of the reinjury FM.  That sucks. 

It looks painful, no doubt about it....If that were me the pic would be showing me cryin'!!  :P

Hope you heal quickly, if you need that surgery.  Had a friend just this year who had surgery on his rotor cuff, OUCH....he's still in therapy for it.

Jenny

I feel your pain....I can't go through a metal detector for all the pins holding me together. Get well fast!

Dude, not again!!!  :- I hope you get better soon!

You better be careful Tim.

JC

Guest kenya

Again?......  Ouch. Get better soon firemalt!

Thanks all, for the support.

With racing sportbikes, and doing a bunch of other crazy stuff in the past, I have truely beaten my body up and have felt pain on a lot of different occasions. Dislocating a shoulder is right up there with having a broken rib! :P

I think what made it worse, is I knew what to expect. I knew how much pain was about to be involved, how long it was going to take to get the meds on board, and how long it would take to get the bone back into place.  :-

To make things worse... they are talking about NOT covering it on workmens comp, since this was from a previous injury while not on duty. Looks like may become a legal thing in the end... glad my fiancee's baby sister is great attorney!  :P

Shelia... I wish the hydrocodone was working. I'm taking 1 - 750mg every 4 hours, and it's not helping much! They make me hyper more than anything!!!!

dang. fire,can't u take too of them. i hate pain. of course i have four kids but ooh i know that's a much different pain and hell i couldn't take to much of that i was always screaming demerol. i really hope u get better. but look like u could at least take one and half pill.

i probably would have overdosed. and u stay off the bikes. despite the obvious i reallly would miss u if u weren't around. ssshhhh, i know i'm fallen weak, but sincerely take care of yourself.

LOL...

Doc said I can take up to 2 tabs every 4 to 6 hours... but I'd feel like a junky if I did that!

LOL...

Doc said I can take up to 2 tabs every 4 to 6 hours... but I'd feel like a junky if I did that!

well, i would be a pain free, sleepy, smiling  temporary JUNKIE! i couldn't suffer like that. oh no.

shoot, u ought to see me around that time. hehe i be popping pain relievers like crazy. lol

they say i might od one day but i won't be in pain. lol when i go. lol

Guest fivestar

Ahem...im sure he purposely FAILED to tell all of you after he came from the hospital, he took off his brace and played another 2 hours of video games...Bad BAd bad! :P

That was his theropy :P :P :P

BTW, Tim hate to hear you got hurt again.

Dang Charlie... did my fiancee pay ya off to spill the beans like that?!?!  :P

Sorry to hear your hurt! Hope you get better soon. I hope the pain meds start working. I've yet to find a pain med that works for me other than Demerol.  :P

Amber

OMG, my heart be still, at my age I can't take seeing such a picture, where are my heart pills hahah

Sorry about the bum shoulder, but I have one question

How do we tell if you are on or off the drugs, is there a difference???

My son in law got wacked in a dirt bike race and his shoulder looked about the same just a couple of inches lower, surgery was his answer also.. OUCH