Sign in to follow this  
helium

how to set a custom material size?

I have my new laser point all set up and did some cuts using some of the items and fonts that are found in the library? icon soat least I know I have all of my settings and connections correct. The main use of this cutter will be to make paint masks for airbrushing. as of right now I only have some vinyl frisket material from grafix that I will be using as I learn how to vector images.the sheets are 8.5"x 11". I saw in the users manual how to change to different roll sizes of material. can I set an 8.5" x 11" custom size in this machine?

You set the size of the material you have loaded in the cutting software, not on the cutter itself. Which cutting program are you using?

Ken - I think you needed to be a bit more specific  :huh:

Helium - Yes you can set a custom size, but please keep in mind that while you can set the size in the software, if your design/text exceeds the custom size, the cutter will keep on cutting beyond the size that you had set. Why bother setting the size then? It would be good to set the size since you are working with a very specific size, and it's not that large. When you set the size in your "work space" the layout screen will then show the size of you what set. When you're ready to cut, you can also specify the size there as well, and you can see how SBE (Sign Blazer Elements) is laying out your design for cutting and if your design/text is going to exceed your actual media size.

Good luck.  :huh:

Thanks for the advise, I'm using sign blazer elements. and I'm just playing with some small masks for painting. that's exactly why I want to do a custom size in sign blazer, so I can see how my design will be setup on such small material. I'm used to spending hours hand cutting these and it's great to know that not only can I cut these in seconds in the cutter, but I can make duplicates of my most used masks in seconds  :huh:

I do plan on getting some regular paint mask rolls once I get the hang of this  :huh:(guess I should have poted this in the sign blazer forum  :huh: