Sign in to follow this  
thelavishking

Cutter will not cut.

Guest gracewriter

The funny thing is just the opposite here, we use USB, serial didn't work for us.

Blazercom4:prolific USB-2-serial comm

I don't know how different it would be for the refine over the copam.

The cutter MUST be hooked up when doing this.

My pctu only liked the usb and my refine only liked the serial.  These machines can be pretty finicky about the shape and size of the cork, I mean plug.

Thinking back, we couldn't do anything with our cutter either, until we got the activation code.

But can't say 100% that is your problem, but I personally believe it could be!

For a screen shot you click: "Print screen" at the top right of your keyboard. (atleast that's what I do)

Guest gracewriter

Which Com should I use.  I have tried Com1 and Com2 and get the message "cannot find output device", so I used Com4.  It just never cuts.  

I am running in trial mode, because I have never been given an activation code.  Could this be a problem?

Ah ha!!!!!  You can't cut in trial mode!  That splains it.

Guest gracewriter

Thinking back, we couldn't do anything with our cutter either, until we got the activation code.

But can't say 100% that is your problem, but I personally believe it could be!

For a screen shot you click: "Print screen" at the top right of your keyboard. (atleast that's what I do)

Jenny, if you could cut in trial mode, signblazer would be free because no one would bother paying for it.  Kapish?

Guest gracewriter

King,soory if I thought you were a girl.  Activate the code. My refine does better with Com, some refines do better with usb.  If you are still having problem cutting come on back!  We'll get'r fixed.

Grace, well that explains it ALL!!! You are such a smart cookie!!

Sorry lavish, we couldn't help you get cutting tonight!!  But atleast we racked our brains for awhile!  ;D

Guest gracewriter

I guess I thought you were a girl because guys will usually drive about 1,000 miles out of their way before they admit their lost and  ask a stranger for directions.

Guest gracewriter

Grace, well that explains it ALL!!! You are such a smart cookie!!

Sorry lavish, we couldn't help you get cutting tonight!!  But atleast we racked our brains for awhile!  ;D

Ya, man,or Jen.

I guess that's another question I'll have to my list when trying to help someone. It never occurred to me to ask it.  So thanks King!  I'm glad you came on here.  It helps all of us learn more when we try to help someone else.

Welcome!

Guest gracewriter

OMG Grace, I haven't heard 'Kapish' in AGES!!  ;D

Don't tell me, the last person you heard say that was your grandmother.  I have lots of other words in my repetoir folks haven't  heard in a while.  But we'll save that for another thread.

I second Grace's comment, this helps us ALL learn.

Nope it wasn't from my grandmother, but my mother!!  ;D

Can't wait to get that other thread going Grace!!  ;D

If you are using SignBlazer you CAN cut in trial mode!! I do it all day long. I have been using it this way for about 2 months now, so that is not your problem.

I do not have a refine, but if it is anything like the LaserPoint make sure it is "on line"

Good Luck

If the cutter is not communicating with the computer, give me a ring: 425-481-3555  Ext. 113

If you are using SignBlazer you CAN cut in trial mode!! I do it all day long. I have been using it this way for about 2 months now, so that is not your problem.

Okay, so I am going to ask the obvious ... Why?  :huh:  The LP came with SBE, why are you using it in trial mode?

Aside from the fact that SS is cutting in trial mode, SBE wouldn't be an effective trial if you weren't able to use it from start to the finished cut product. That way you can tell how it "cuts" and see if you still would like to purchase the software.

When I used to send stuff to the cutter and get nothing, it was due to using the wrong driver, or not having the cutter online when I send the file. Basically stupid user error (sigh).