Sign in to follow this  
thelavishking

Cutter will not cut.

I am very new to the cutting process.  I have recently bought a cutting plotter, and I am having trouble with the cutter.  I use SignBlazer software.  When I am finished design, and I click "Cut" the cutter does not move, it never cuts.  Is there something that I need to do differently? 

Guest gracewriter

What type cable are you using?  Did you set up the port in signblazer?

Guest gracewriter

which cutter do you have?

Guest gracewriter

are you on  a desktop or lap top?

Guest gracewriter

Me too. I had problems with my usb with the refine.  I switched to a serial port and all is well.  Not sure if that is your problem. Did you go to the set up menu in signblazer and click the drop down menus for a refine in the cutter menu and click your port in the output device drop down menu?

Guest gracewriter

I hate it when that happens.

If you are sure you have the setup menu set up correctly, sometimes all you need to do is reboot your system and turn off your cutter.  when you system is back up, turn your cutter on.  Look in your set up and find the serial port, make sure you have it clicked.

Guest gracewriter

do i have to change the "comm setting"?  What do I change?  Anyone Please help.

Give me a few minutes and I'll take a pic.of my setting and load it up.

Guest gracewriter

Do your settings look anything like this?

To get to your settings, click cut, it'll bring you over to the cutting screen.  Then click settings.

post-0-12986521917827_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986521930258_thumb.jpg

Guest gracewriter

Your com port may not be the #1 like mine.  It might be 3 or 5 or whatever but it's easy to find.

Guest gracewriter

If you are having problems finding your port in the drop down menu then we need to go to device manager and see what's in there.  Let me know.

Just to start out with, currently what are you using to connect to your cutter? usb, serial?

We are checking on a few things be back in a few minutes?

It did the same thing as before it is not cutting.  I used the Com4 this time, and I did not have a problem with device output, but still not cutting.  How can I get the cutter to cut.  It says "sending output to cutter", but never cuts.

Make sure you are on:  Under cutter, in the setup mode, go down to refine and the model # you have and click on it.

Make sure you are on: Direct NOT on use cut manager

Hit Save!!

See what happens and report back!!

Thanks

Guest gracewriter

My usb never worked, that's why I recommended trying the serial

Guest gracewriter

Why don't we have her take a screen shot of your cutter set menu? If we can see what she's got set up then we can trouble shoot better and quicker. Sometimes I'd have everything set up exactly the way it was supposed to be but still had to reboot everything for the system to recognize the changes.

Whatcha think, Jen? 

The funny thing is just the opposite here, we use USB, serial didn't work for us.

Blazercom4:prolific USB-2-serial comm

I don't know how different it would be for the refine over the copam.

The cutter MUST be hooked up when doing this.

Why don't we have her take a screen shot of your cutter set menu? If we can see what she's got set up then we can trouble shoot better and quicker. Sometimes I'd have everything set up exactly the way it was supposed to be but still had to reboot everything for the system to recognize the changes.

Whatcha think, Jen? 

Rebooting won't hurt anything, that's for sure.  It's worth a shot.

Which Com should I use.  I have tried Com1 and Com2 and get the message "cannot find output device", so I used Com4.  It just never cuts.  

I am running in trial mode, because I have never been given an activation code.  Could this be a problem?