Sign in to follow this  
Kysmiley

APPRoller Tape Application Roller

Has anyone purchased a  APPRoller Tape Application Roller

from USCutter? How does it work and is it a good investment?

Pat

We don't have one from US Cutter, but there is a thread somewhere of some homemade ones.  We ended up building our own being in a quick need and needing it NOW!!

Hopefully someone who has purchased one will post and be able to help.

Jenny

Anybody have any experience ? I see they sell $30-$40 on E-Bay .

bought one , tried it once but still use the bigger heaver homemade one.  It is more stable.  I haven't counted out the approller yet but am more comfortable with the home made one.  It's make out of oak stair risers and pipe making it heavy enough to remain in place without clamps

Guest kenya

I'm sure the one that US Cutter sells is fine, we were just like Jenny & and needed it guick-

so my hubby made me one.

post-0-12986537866706_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986537876141_thumb.jpg

Has anyone purchased a  APPRoller Tape Application Roller

from USCutter? How does it work and is it a good investment?

Pat

The customers that I had spoken to who had purchased one from USCutter said they worked great. Has a little lip that catches the side of a table, and you set the roll of app. tape on top of the thing, an feed a little through it, and shes ready to go. Trying to apply app. tape with only your hands can be tricky for wider vinyl graphics.

• Like 1

I bought one and I don't like it at all.  When I pull the tape, the whole roll comes off and lands on the vinyl and jacks everything up, because it sticks to it.  Then usually the applicator falls and crashes down to the floor and the last time that happened it hit my old dog so I don't use it.  Not recommended here.  Sorry USCutter. I have been happy with everything else from you tho.

that is exactly what I would think it would do from just looking at it..  there is nothing to hold the tape, or the applicator,  I have used MASK RITE from the very beginning and would be lost without it... there is no adjusting of anything for different rolls.  I have a 24" and a 30"  it is a little pricer, but works great.  can purchase from SIGNSUPPLY.com on EBAY 

post-3093-12986541629796_thumb.gif

post-3093-12986541653887_thumb.gif

• Like 1

that is exactly what I would think it would do from just looking at it..  there is nothing to hold the tape, or the applicator,  I have used MASK RITE from the very beginning and would be lost without it... there is no adjusting of anything for different rolls.  I have a 24" and a 30"  it is a little pricer, but works great.  can purchase from SIGNSUPPLY.com on EBAY 

I thought the same thing immediately. It's unsupported (from what I can see) and it's too high. The Mask Rite looks great for big stuff.

I use it for everything,, most decals I do are longer,  so this works great to any length,  You just keep applying and moving your decal up on the table.  I use a 8ft resin table  and can still do decals 16ft long if I want. I would be lost with out it, There is no pulling of tape over the decals and squeeging down,  The tape is being applied as you roll the Mask Rite and the tape over the decal.  I do put a few rolls of tape for weight at the very start, to keep my decals from sliding on the table. And as applying, move them down as I go. I just pull slowly and run my hand back and forth over the tape  so that it is smooth.  I get to the end of the decal.  I'm done. Just cut it off.

I bought one and I don't like it at all.  When I pull the tape, the whole roll comes off and lands on the vinyl and jacks everything up, because it sticks to it.  Then usually the applicator falls and crashes down to the floor and the last time that happened it hit my old dog so I don't use it.  Not recommended here.  Sorry USCutter. I have been happy with everything else from you tho.

First time posting... I am Michael, hello all.

I don't really understand how this happened to you.  :) Not saying you used it wrong but... the tape is dispensed from between the rollers and the tape roll can't fall off rollers.

Did the entire roller AND tape break free from table edge?

I included a pic and video of how I use it. No problems yet.

Please excuse clumbsiness of being on camera. LOL

post-6002-12986543653432_thumb.jpg

post-6002-12986543666734_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Good Vid Mike, thats Exactly how I thought it was supposed to be used as well. :)

Nice and high to keep the roll up off the table and graphic and pulled from Under the front roller. :)

Bought mine on ebay from uscutter for 27.66 with FREE shipping too. :)