MrTeajunkie

How to add Roland gs24 to scal5 pro?

I have been using my graphtec ce6000 for a few years and needed to add a gs24 to go with my bn-20 to speed up the print and cut operations. 
My ce6000 is setup in scal5 and works wonderfully. 

Before anyone says keep using the graphtec I don’t have the room for all my equipment and one has to go.
I have added the gs24 but it’s cutting so slowly I just don’t know what’s wrong?

does anyone have the settings for adding a gs24 to scal5 pro please?
I have 100’s of files saved in the scal format and really really don’t want to have to convert everything to a new format.

Many thanks. 

I can't help with setting up the new cutter but I would suggest you get in the habit of saving/exporting your designs as EPS or SVG files. That way in the future if you ever do have to switch to a different program you will be able to easily load old designs.

Also, don't let the number of old designs you have scare you from switching software. How often to you actually load an old design and cut it? If like most people, not often. And when you do need an old design, just load it, save it off as an EPS and you're done. No need to convert them all, just convert them as you need them.

• Like 2

I can't help with setting up the new cutter but I would suggest you get in the habit of saving/exporting your designs as EPS or SVG files. That way in the future if you ever do have to switch to a different program you will be able to easily load old designs.

Also, don't let the number of old designs you have scare you from switching software. How often to you actually load an old design and cut it? If like most people, not often. And when you do need an old design, just load it, save it off as an EPS and you're done. No need to convert them all, just convert them as you need them.

I use the sure cuts a lot pro 5 software as it’s easy to use and no faff but my gs 24 just won’t play ball. 

It’s what I used when I started my business and it’s grown and grown and I make signs for a very select audience (self employed) 
so I cut almost every one of my designs every week, sadly I can’t save as eps from scal5 at least I don’t think I can?

I need to find a way to either setup the gs24 in scal5 or export my designs into cut studio or illustrator.

The scal forums are useless and tech support haven’t replied either. 
I think I wasted my money upgrading to scal5 pro. 

Look for an export rather than Save As.

Also, a question how is the GS24 an upgrade over the CE6000 to your operation?

Another question. You say the GS24 is moving slow. How are you sending a design to it?

Have you tried to reach out to SCALP or hit up their forum and see if anyone can assist you?