Sign in to follow this  
mfatty500

This please

I suspect it may not be a true font, but one that's either been modified, or it's just a graphic.

I have, they say they don't have a file, but I'm calling B.S., surely they've had a t-shirt or other items printed. This image is from they're website.

I tweaked it to try and see if it would help. Still didn't get there in FMF but Agency FB Bold is close and with some work could be made to work. If you figure it out to be an actual font post the name cause it's a cool look. 

Screenshot 2023-08-20 at 7.15.06 AM.png

• Like 1

That's where I got the image from, their website. Thanks to all who looked. I ended up re-creating, using the font NFL San Diego Chargers, it has the same characteristics, minus the spurs, as to what I was looking for. But I could still use the name of the font. But I can get started with it. 

I have, they say they don't have a file, but I'm calling B.S., surely they've had a t-shirt or other items printed. This image is from they're website.

You would be amazed at how many businesses that I interact with, who do not have their own artwork for one reason or another.  I often dread having to recreate someone else's logo because it seems like reinventing the wheel, but it's the same wheel without any improvements :P

• Like 2

You would be amazed at how many businesses that I interact with, who do not have their own artwork for one reason or another.  I often dread having to recreate someone else's logo because it seems like reinventing the wheel, but it's the same wheel without any improvements :P

I get some sort of perverse kick out of it. I do it for fun sometimes when I have free time. I'm weird I know. 

I get some sort of perverse kick out of it. I do it for fun sometimes when I have free time. I'm weird I know. 

If I need to, I will recreate.  When I do, I will rarely give the customer the electronic file of the work I've done, even though it would probably be the cleanest file they would ever get of their logo.  If they do ask for the file, I may or may not charge them a "setup" or "digitization" fee to at least cover my time and effort. 

I get it though, I can sometimes clean up a logo while I'm still on the phone with customer during their initial phone call, then they are amazed - of course I send it to them water marked in a secured .pdf format. Hahaha.

• Like 1

The folks who do Graphic Design for logos aren't signmakers. They have no perspective on what is required to make a sign using cut-vinyl lettering. In their world, everything is Printed (or reproduced on websites) so Raster output is usually fine.

The worst are those clients who hand me a business card and say "Make my sign look like this"

Uh, no.

• Like 1

The folks who do Graphic Design for logos aren't signmakers. They have no perspective on what is required to make a sign using cut-vinyl lettering. In their world, everything is Printed (or reproduced on websites) so Raster output is usually fine.

The worst are those clients who hand me a business card and say "Make my sign look like this"

Uh, no.

In this case, I would ask them for the file for the card or the font name. If not provided, I will disclose them of charging a designing fee which is obiviously a bite into their wallet. I also tell them that it will be close but not exact. It automatically rolls the ball in their court

Believe me mate, it worked a couple of times with me and I ended up getting a proper file to start working with.

It is worse to work with such clients. I guess, you didn't have to deal with graphic designers and architects who are given the charge of producing the signage just because they designed the fascias and are thought to have ideas about signage and their mounting.