Sign in to follow this  
Palidonia

Lost Pinchroll Error - Roland CJ-500

Hi,

I recently purchased an old Roland printer / cutter (CJ-500). I am unfortunately getting an error message that says 'PINCHROLL ERROR - LOST PINCHROLL' when I try to set up a sheet for cutting. I am not sure what to do or where to go from here. If anyone has any advice it would be very helpful. Thanks.

• Like 1

Did you see this cutter preform before buying? Ask the previous owner about the error.   Not many people here who even own a Roland that answers questions.  Probably more help at the Roland Forum .  Roland has their own forum.

• Like 1

Without knowing much about Roland machines, I can tell you that this error is related to some sensor within the circuitry that's failed.

Think of it like a car that displays a CheckEngineLight ---  it could be caused by any number of things within the sensor loops. Until you have the vehicle computer scanned to read the code which describes specifically what is wrong, you cannot troubleshoot.

Your unit is throwing a 'code' that explains what is wrong. The internal computer has discovered that a pinchroller sensor isn't sending back a clear signal, and if I were in your shoes, that machine would be disassembled and the wiring from the pinchrollers to the motherboard checked for electrical continuity. That would be the first thing to investigate, certainly.

By the way, a google search for CJ500 produces a Mahindra jeep, a classic!

• Like 1

By the way, a google search for CJ500 produces a Mahindra jeep, a classic!

They sell the Mahindra jeeps a few miles from me. It's silly what they want you to spend on those things. As near as I can tell they must have bought the patent rights to the old Willys and made a few upgrades and started rolling them off the production lines. 

To the OP - Most upscale printers that have sensors for the rollers are magnetic and trigger when the roller is in a specific location. Not sure on the Rolland but form follows function. Be sure you have the pics rollers placed in the proper location in case you're just not getting started correctly. Typically there are several spots for the left hand roller to sit (usually in about 6" increments starting about 12 inches from the right side. The right side roller typically has a larger variable location that lets it fit different sizes of vinyl. If using scraps they would both go on the variable area. Not sure if that makes sense in written form and I don't own a Rolland so it's just general information. 

They sell the Mahindra jeeps a few miles from me. It's silly what they want you to spend on those things. As near as I can tell they must have bought the patent rights to the old Willys and made a few upgrades and started rolling them off the production lines. 

But they are pretty cool looking.  How much do those thing run?  I know I'll never see one here. :mellow:

But they are pretty cool looking.  How much do those thing run?  I know I'll never see one here. :mellow:

Around the 18K mark. It's been a while since I asked and I saw an add that was a few thousand higher the other day so they may have went up. 

Around the 18K mark. It's been a while since I asked and I saw an add that was a few thousand higher the other day so they may have went up. 

:blink: