Guest gracewriter

2008 US Cutter Convention!

Guest gracewriter

Well, I think it's about time we had our own little convention.  Everyone else does it and I think we deserve one too. 

Ok, well maybe we'll have to start at a Motel 6 in the middle of podunk Tennessee, but I think we all deserve a get away, a fun little get together, and talk shop or shoot the breeze in person.

Drinks will be on me!  So who wants to come to this shin-dig?

Gracie

excellent idea! I used to bgelong to a forum for a British TV show and members in the same area would have monthly get-togethers. Maybe we could do something like that..

Guest gracewriter

Glad you think so John.  I am soooooo ready for a road trip/plane trip.  Usually go to some kind of convention once or twice a year, far far away, but since I started cutting signs, well no prospects.  So I thought, why not start our own first annual one?

Guest gracewriter

I vote for sunny CA

Dawg

Sunny CA is ok, but we need something smack dab in the middle of the country to make it easier for everyone to get to.  Then  of course wait for Huamana to get the funds to fly all the way over here.

I went to a convention 8 months ago in LA.  Boy was that weird.  Left the smog free coast of FL in the morning where you can see the ocean from 30,000 feet, then arrived in LA four hours later and the smog/fog?  whatever that was was so thick you could couldn't even see the ocean and barely the mountains.  It was really weird.  The whole time I was there I kept waiting for the skies to clean so I could see the mountains.  Neve happened.

I vote for sunny CA

Dawg

Sunny CA is ok, but we need something smack dab in the middle of the country to make it easier for everyone to get to.  Then  of course wait for Huamana to get the funds to fly all the way over here.

I went to a convention 8 months ago in LA.  Boy was that weird.  Left the smog free coast of FL in the morning where you can see the ocean from 30,000 feet, then arrived in LA four hours later and the smog/fog?  whatever that was was so thick you could couldn't even see the ocean and barely the mountains.  It was really weird.  The whole time I was there I kept waiting for the skies to clean so I could see the mountains.  Neve happened.

I agree, it would be better in the middle of the US somewhere.

Wayne

What a neat idea!!!! let's do it!!!

We might have to have a couple if not several locations, since members are all over the place!  :)

Jenny

I think Ken should host one in sunny Seattle. Then we would get a chance to see and compare all of the machines.

I am sure Ken would welcome anyone to visit the US Cutter location in WA.....and anyone within driving distance of Upper east tennessee is welcome to come and visit me. Bring your own food.

Ok, well maybe we'll have to start at a Motel 6 in the middle of podunk Tennessee

Was you thinking of me when you said this?? :)

There is actually one of these motels about 5 miles up the road from me.

Guest gracewriter

I will gather with the Puerto Rico members.

Hum, Puerto Rico, sounds like a nice destination, haven't been there yet.  Maybe I'll go to two :)

Although if Dawg is above the smogfog could be enticed there.

Texas?  Lived there for years, they finally kicked me out.  Are ya'all lett'n yankees back in?

Sunny Seattle?  Isn't that an oxymoron?  Like Jumbo Shrimp?  When I lived there, I don't think I saw the sun for months at a time.  Just drizzle, drizzle, drizzle.

Dellrose, you must be out in the middle of nowhere as that's where I've usually seen Motel 6s.

Hum, should be centrally located, at least close enough to airports where cabs won't cost $100.00 just to get to the hotel, like my last experience.

Seriously though, I can't believe the vinyl/plotter industry doesn't have national conventions somewhere, with classes and such.  We had them in the framing industry.  Would be NICE.  Maybe we could start a new trend and invite some of them to pay for the convention set up.

In any event, any one of these places would be good for me!

I think Ken should host one in sunny Seattle. Then we would get a chance to see and compare all of the machines.

Sunny Seattle? What planet is that on?    :)

We are lucky when the sun does peak through....not so much smog, but certainly more rain than anyone is used to, except maybe Haumana (sp?).

Dellrose, you must be out in the middle of nowhere as that's where I've usually seen Motel 6s.

Well, the closest airport is about 45 miles to the south in Huntsville, AL and Nashville airport is about 80 miles +/- to the north. The closest town is about 15-20 miles in any direction, so yeah I would say that it is "out yonder, in the middle of nowhere."

:) But, I wouldnt trade it for nothing.

Hum, should be centrally located, at least close enough to airports where cabs won't cost $100.00 just to get to the hotel, like my last experience.

If you have it here, I might could be persuaded to come and pick some of you up, being the nice guy that I am and all. :)

We are lucky when the sun does peak through....not so much smog, but certainly more rain than anyone is used to, except maybe Haumana (sp?).

All that rain stuff is fabricated to keep more Californiians from moving in. It's beautiful there.

All that rain stuff is fabricated to keep more Californiians from moving in. It's beautiful there.

It is beautiful, I will give you that, but there is not a consipracy that I am aware of to keep Californians out.  =)

Come on up, just be sure to bring your galoshes.    :)

It is beautiful, I will give you that, but there is not a consipracy that I am aware of to keep Californians out.   =)

Come on up, just be sure to bring your galoshes.    :)

I lived there for 10 years. When it's nice, there are not many places more beautiful on earth. It just isn't nice often enough.

All that rain stuff is fabricated to keep more Californians from moving in. It's beautiful there.

I call BS --- I lived in Kent (just south of Seattle for those who have never been there) and now I live in sunny southern Cali -- no smog here in Palmdale (about 80 miles north of LA)

I just returned from a long vacation, so no planes or cars for me - however if you wanted to take a cruise I would be there in a heartbeat!!! A 15 night cruise was not long enough.

I'll take rain over this stinking filthy air I am breathing here. According to the Asthma foundation, I moved from the number one worst area in the country to the number 6 worst. I haven't been outside in daylight for more than an hour a day since the first of March.

WOW John, I didn't realize the air was that bad by you??!!

Jenny

Guest gracewriter

Texas...  :)

San Antonio Texas on top of that.

No, Austin Texas much better, or San Marcus, even Round Rock (town with rather large round rock), or lower Greenville area of Dallsas, but never again Lubbock.