I am new to using a vinyl machine. I am cutting 3X10.5 using regular vinyl stickers. I put a piece in that is about a foot long to give it some room and the blade seems to work just fine until it gets towards the side without any rollers on it and started to lift up. The only solution I found to this is putting a vinyl strip that is as long as the machine so rollers hold it on both sides; but this does not seem right. What can I do to fix it from picking up when the blade is cutting? 

I tried reducing the speed and the force without any luck. The picture I provided is with myself pushing the vinyl to show what it usually looks like when the blade goes over it since I could not seem to upload the video that way.

Thanks in advance.

-Charlotte

issue.jpg

You should put the rollers out as far as you can. I usually set mine at around 1/2" from the edge of the vinyl

• Like 2

1 minute ago, arty-rc said:

You should put the rollers out as far as you can. I usually set mine at around 1/2" from the edge or the vinyl

This just shows how much of a newbie I am. I was not aware I could actually move the rollers. Thank you. I will try this.

Just make sure that the rollers are over the gritty portion of the drive roller. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, arty-rc said:

Just make sure that the rollers are over the gritty portion of the drive roller. 

I tried to move the pinch rollers without any luck. I have heard that it may be a bit hard to move but I feel like I might break it. I am not seeing anything in the manual right off hand, but is there something I need to loosen before moving them?

I don't know anything about moving the pinch rollers on a Titan, but I do know you have WAY to much blade exposed. You shouldn't be able to see the blade in a photo like the one you posted.

• Like 2

From the manual it looks like the rollers just slide back and forth, which is what I would expect. I did see this in the manual,

Sometimes, during shipping or movement of the machine, the right pinch roller will become stuck on a screw located on the back of the machine. If this occurs and is affecting your cutting, press forcefully against the pinch roller until it becomes dislodged from its position. If needed, remove the screw to reposition the pinch roller in the desired position.

I agree with darcshadow about the blade depth.  Do not use any instructions that have to do with using a credit card or post it notes.  They are wrong.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should barely see and feel the blade out of the blade holder. Regular sign vinyl is only 2-3 mil thick. You only cut with the very tip of the blade. 

• Like 2

See those white rectangular markings on the rail? The rollers need to be positioned at these spots.

Use the lever on the back of the pinch rollers to move them up/down.  Once they are up they should move freely side to side.

• Like 1