CherBear

Blade Holder For Seiki720t

I have recently purchased a Seiki720t the blade holder has never moved up and down when cutting but the supplier has sent me another but my goodness, after opening the cutter I have found that it is soldered on to the connection part:( Is there any other way to attach this other than having to now purchase a solder iron! This cutter has been nothing but a headache since day one and I have had comments about paying for cheap to expect cheap but it wasn't cheap to me so I would appreciate help and support instead off judgment. Thank you 

What are you asking? If the part is soldered on you're going to have to desolder it and solder in the new one. If you're asking for a way to solder without an iron...you could try staring at it really hard.

I don't have a Seiki, can you post a photo of the new part and the installed part? I'm a bit surprised there's not a connector.

Also, FYI, blade holder is the plastic/metal piece that the blade goes in. I believe you are talking about the cutting head/carriage.

You can get a soldering iron kit for $7.00 Free ship on Ebay.  Maybe cheaper other places.  I liked my Seiki alot.  It made me a lot of money starting out.  Just the tracking wasn't so good on long runs.  I still have mine from 2006.  I have upgraded since.   Maybe your just having user error, (other than this problem)  seeing as how you just got it.  

Thank you both for your help, my dad has actually soldered it for me (didn't even know he had one) but even with the new part I'm having the same issue.. it doesn't move up and down when cutting, any ideas on what else this could be? 

Yes it moves by hand and no it still doesn't move when I switch it on, its only 4/5 weeks old and its never done it but when I emailed the supplier they were more than happy to replace the part but now the new one is still doing the same then it has to be something else but just not sure what as is it my first cutter and learning as I go. Defo picked the right machine for it lol.

You need to go back to your supplier,  There is nothing that we can do. Have them replace it or refund. It should be under warranty. 

Sure will. I've actually been using the forum for a lot off support and advice but today I signed up so will 100% be back :thumbsup: Thank you again.

• Like 1

Is that the motherboard? Ive just received an email from the supplier and they think its now the motherboard and are going to send a replacement for that now. If that doesn't work then they are going to replace the machine....

quick question to, I'm exporting a file from EasyCut to SVG but its asking about a DPI in export options, does anyone know what the setting would be so I can use the file in SignCut pro1? Thanks.

dpi refers to a raster image for printing - plotters use vector images that are not measured in dpi and only uses nodes and lines - can be scaled infinitely with no resolution loss unlike raster that uses pixels that are not recognized by these machines 

SVGs do have a DPI setting in them that can effect the size/resolution of the image when viewed in a web viewer but it shouldn't make any difference when going between vector programs. 96dpi is suppose to be the CSS standard.