Beardown

A couple I did today....

I know that I should posts this more often but .......  :sleepy2:

Ok heres one a did for the High school today..... Its there school and an wrestling event they have this weekend .....

Heres a few Magnets that I did for a guy ...(number removed of course )more pics in next post....

post-100-12986512270929_thumb.jpg

post-100-129865122715_thumb.jpg

post-100-12986512279549_thumb.jpg

post-100-12986512279969_thumb.jpg

For the first one the ATI I did their shirts last year...they are simple one color prints .....This year they want White shirts with purple print instead of last years.... Awsome order this year though ...... 2 Banners, 2 Coroplast ATI, 1 Wildcats, and 350 One color print Shirts..... This one job will pay for the cutter twice over and all the vinyl that I have used since the first of the year !!! ! ! You gotta Love it !!! 

Just for kicks this is how last years looked ...I am printing tommorw this years ...Will repost this weekend ! Opps more mags too !

post-100-12986512271739_thumb.jpg

post-100-12986512271902_thumb.jpg

post-100-12986512280085_thumb.jpg

post-100-12986512280174_thumb.jpg

Guest fivestar

Beardown very nice looking and you've got mail.

Thanks guys nothing special ..very simple really...Just wanted people to see that you can make the money that you spend on the cutter in only a couple jobs ....or even one !  Hey five you have mail too ....This board is working pretty crappy for me latly I have to refresh everything in order for it to work .... SO you may have to check yor mail then refresh it when your there ...

:) DOWN

Are your shirts Screen Printed or Heat transfer?

If screen printed, did you use your plotter to help achieve this? and how?

The shirts are scrren printed .....Although ..... My cutter now does play a role in my screen printing !!

I will post a video of how it does !!!

Probally this afternoon !

Great work,Bear! You can definately make money at this. I keep a low profile because I don't have the time to do what I already have. People know you can do it,everybody wants something.And you know what..it is the easiest,most enjoyable thing I've ever done to make a living.Easiest in the physical sense,I mean. I worked for 35 years in a job that ruined my health and tore up my back. Now,the heaviest thing I lift is a 24 inch roll of vinyl! A year ago I was counting the days til my social security...now I'll probably work til I drop dead.

John

I know what your saying about everyone wanting something I have a "Golden Rule"  to all my friends the first one is free! I dont sweat the small things ....That way they know the second time they want something that it  has to cost something  :occasion14: ... Althoug there is always an exection to the rule ...Big Signs !!!  Always charge !! LOL

Glad you found your nitch though !  Got busy this after noon I will try to post a video by Monday..

:) Down

Guest fivestar

Excellent video Beardown.......Hated the music though...:D  J/K

What the ****... I got some competion on the video part.

Beardown, that was a very very very very nice video... I never thought that it would be that easy...

Awesome!

What mesh screen do you reccomend? also, what kind of ink would you reccomend?

Wow guys thanks ! ...

Didnt  have time to get really into it but I apperciate your comments !!  ;D

Yes Tater it is very easy, and chemical free !... Anyone that does screen print know all the chemicals that you need..with this way after your done peel up the vinyl throw it in the trash and wipe down with paint thinnner or soy oil and dry and use again !

Mesh counts vary ...most wil say that they use nothing but 110 white(non dyed)

I use everything ..110 , 150, 180( I like the best) and 220+ very fine and only on whites......I would start with 110 to get the hang of ot ..if you go higher you will need more force on the sqeege...

I like white screens the best .. as ink goes I only use Atlas plastiol ink .... It has a quick flash time and doent gunk up .. ..

I was going to put this in the video but you can use a hair dryer or a heat gun to cure ..of course be carful  not to burn the shirt but it does work well ....

I plan on posting a video on how to make your own screen printer very soon .... less than $50 including screens !!

also a homade flash dryer ...Getto but my buddy uses his, I made for him afor over two years now !

Stil burning the midnight oil here...80 more shirts to go !

Thanks Agian Guys

:D DOWN

Bear, I just got a few more questions.

When you apply the vinyl to the screen, do you have any residue left over when removing the vinyl from the screen?

The masking tape that you use, is that regular masking tape?

And suppose I'm constantly making the same shirts for the schools or car clubs, Is there a more permanent solution for this like using screen filler or something?  Beings how i think that you have to remove the ink from the screen in between uses...?

How long has the vinyl held up when you are constantly running that squeege over it?  Do you ever get any ink seepage under the vinyl or masking tape?

Bear, I just got a few more questions.

When you apply the vinyl to the screen, do you have any residue left over when removing the vinyl from the screen?

The masking tape that you use, is that regular masking tape?

And suppose I'm constantly making the same shirts for the schools or car clubs, Is there a more permanent solution for this like using screen filler or something?  Beings how i think that you have to remove the ink from the screen in between uses...?

How long has the vinyl held up when you are constantly running that squeege over it?  Do you ever get any ink seepage under the vinyl or masking tape?

Tater,

No there is no residue after you remove the vinyl, You have some left over from the Masking Tape but that all gets removed when you clean the screen with Paint remover or Soy Oil...

Yup regular Dollar store Masking tape !

As to having a permenet screen ready to go whenevr you need it..no the vinyl will not do that..once your run is done you have to clean your screen.. although you can reuse your screen 1,000+ times.. If you want something more reliable than vinyl the you could go with emlusion... but you could compare the two and come to this conclusion

If you use emlusion to Stencil your screens :

What you need with Emlusion ... Applicator( coater) , Sten erase, Sheet of glass, Tape Light box to expose your screen, a negitive grahic to burn into your screen, Power washer to clean your screen ( or your local car wash) Paint thiner or soy oil, And emlusion costs are sometimes high ...up to $80 per quart.... Plus it takes hours to get your screen ready to print..

Now if you use a vinyl stencil... You are ready in minutes, costs pennies , pretty durable , cutter/plotter ( I think most of us have one lol) Tape , paint thinner or soy oil ..... Clean your screen and your ready to go agin in minutes....

So if you are making the same over and over ....It only take a couple minutes to set up your screen with a vinyl stencil..so you really dont need a a permenant screen...

Well here is a pic of the shirts I did last night..all on ONE vinyl stencil ..you seen me apply it .. SO it lasted 200 shirts in 10 hours and I could have done 200 more with it ...once the vinyl is applied it STAYS put ..untill you spray water on the back of the screen then it come right off ! ! No paint gets underneath the vinyl from the squegge side none ...

So this is a great way to screen print ! 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hey Bear...

I'm considering trying out your system...don't do T-shirts but I have one customer that I do real estate signs for...coroplast....he usually just gets 2 or 3 at a time,no problem doing those in vinyl. But he has mentioned maybe getting 10 at a time if his biz takes off.

I have 2 questions...I have a chance to get some paint mask vinyl VERY cheap....would this work ok for the masking? Or should I just stick with regular vinyl?

Question 2....what type of ink do you recommend for coroplast? Same as for t-shirts?

Thanks!