jeffb

Logo not square

I am using a MH-871 cutter with VInylmaster LTR software. Everytime i have cut this logo, the left side is correct but when it gets to the right side, the side is almost 1/2" shorter causing it not to be square. I have tried using the software to create the logo, 3rd party software and the latest was done with AutoCAD exported as an EPS file, all witht he same results. I have watched the cutter and vinyl as it was cutting and did not notice anything moving.

597499529_20200217_171432(2).thumb.jpg.7588f9a68338aff312ef4db88b454927.jpgAny suggestions or ideas to correct this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Hopefully your not pulling from the roll while cutting. You should always have enough vinyl free and lose to do the job.  Prefeed the vinyl and make sure it is feeding straight first.  Slow the cutter down.  By the way, how did you set your blade depth?, just checking and trying to stop other problems in the future.  Pinch rollers should be an equal distance from the vinyl edge. About 1 inch will work.  Make sure your vinyl is big enough to cut it.  You have to leave some distance on each side of the vinyl. Make sure you have enough room on the right side, and push the ORIGIN button.   That cutter is known to have tracking that is not good. 

• Like 3

Do your best to keep the blade on the vinyl and not on the under/over cutting into the cutting strip underneath. A damaged/cut-up cutting strip can potentially cause other issues in the future. Try not to adjust the tension on the pinch rollers unless absolutely necessary.

• Like 1

what if you try to cut just a simple square, how does it come out? How about if you use paper and the pen attachment?

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.