Sign in to follow this  
jaybyrd

Anybody have a business in Tennessee?

Getting ready to make the move and wondering what the procedures are as far as paperwork and licenses necessary in Tennessee. Any info is appreciated,

Should be all available at the county courthouse, except for the tax ID, which would come from the state. Then the city licenses, if you'll be in town?

Rural no town here. After jumping through hoops trying to find out what I needed to do to put a trailer on my land I figured it would be easier to ask y'all first.

Fortunate, you only have to deal with the county. Is that where your shop is gonna be? That's a whole nother set of hoops.

Home shop. Trying to get away from a storefront if possible. Hell I spent 2 hours on the phone trying to find out requirements for tie downs for a singlewide and I know less now then when I started.

• Like 2

All the laws have change for mobile homes. When i guy did work on mine he said i would have to get the new tie down requirements when i sold..

get your tax exempt certificate from the state..it's free. Then your county business license, at the courthouse. I think around $15 or so.

• Like 2

I can not have a business open to the public but that is in my contract. The area is unregulated and as far as everybody has told me it has zero zoning, I'm going to gear towards craigslist and and facebook sales instead of walkin work like I currently do.

get your tax exempt certificate from the state..it's free. Then your county business license, at the courthouse. I think around $15 or so.

Is this available online? If would you happen to have a link.