busterbay

Titan I do you own one ?

I am going to replace one of my cutters, I am looking at a Titan I with the stepper motor. If you have one let me know what you think of it. 

Go Graphtec  LOL

I have my main cutter I'm look for a machine to pick up the slack on busy days.

Go Graphtec

if you insist on the titan, (which is fine) at least step up to the titan 2 and get the servo motor and stay away from the stepper motor!

I have the titan 2 in my arsenal of cutters and it is a good little machine.

• Like 1

if you insist on the titan, (which is fine) at least step up to the titan 2 and get the servo motor and stay away from the stepper motor!

I have the titan 2 in my arsenal of cutters and it is a good little machine.

I have a Titan 2 I'm just looking for a cutter to replace my SC the tracking is horrible. I left out that I own a Titan 2 in post because I didn't want to read the get a Graphtec posts but I got them anyway.

Since it will only be used a few hours a day I don't see the need to buy a Titan 2 if the tracking is adequate.

I agree the Titan 2 is a good machine.

It would be interesting to hear a review by someone that had a Titan 1 and 2 . . . . For the real world difference. With that said I think after having the g word , going backwards to a stepper I think I would rather run my hand thru a grinder. Still I am looking forwRd to hearing from someone that had both. Good luck busterbay

It would be interesting to hear a review by someone that had a Titan 1 and 2 . . . . For the real world difference. With that said I think after having the g word , going backwards to a stepper I think I would rather run my hand thru a grinder. Still I am looking forwRd to hearing from someone that had both. Good luck busterbay

I enjoy my Titan, I have a Titan, SC & MH.... The MH actually tracks better than the SC could be that the MH is a table top and the SC is a 34. My Titan is a very decent cutter I ordered it when they first came out and haven't had a bit of trouble with it. That's why I was wondering if it's little brother the Titan 1 was comparable.

I agree when I have to fire up the SC I dread it.....

I also have an SC (and a graphtec) I have no problems with tracking on the SC on a per job basis.  I can line up a job and cut it (14" x 10') and it manages to cut fine.  I do however have to realign after each job but no biggie for me since the SC machine is so easy to line up quickly as opposed the the graphtec (unless I am doing it wrong).

I have heard people complain about the SC tracking before only to find out they just needed to tighten their rollers a bit.  Maybe you have already checked that, I don't know.

I have never used the titan 1 so I can't help there.....

Good luck

• Like 1

I have had over a dozen cutters come thru here since I got the "g" word - and guess which one I still have and don't need a back up - actually the way the titan2 did I am surprised you need another one but I am not in your shoes.  if you try it let us know - the titan  and titan2 are on sale it looks like right now.  then the rest of us have a first hand report!

I have had over a dozen cutters come thru here since I got the "g" word - and guess which one I still have and don't need a back up - actually the way the titan2 did I am surprised you need another one but I am not in your shoes.  if you try it let us know - the titan  and titan2 are on sale it looks like right now.  then the rest of us have a first hand report!

Just busy at times bad problem to have huh ? It's not uncommon to have all three cutting at the same time. 

Dakotagrfx how did the Titan 2 compare to your Graphtec ?

it was a nice machine but just not quite a graphtec - I like being able to go to mine if it has been a month and throw vinyl in it and not mess around - now days that is like daily or more but back in the old days it would be a while between jobs and those p-cut, mh and copam seemed to have attitude if the didn't get used all the time.   I guess the difference is confidence and reliability - the titan never let me down the the few months but  . . . . it's a graphtec thing and only other graphtec users with cleancut blades can really understand altogether.  if I had a choice of a new servo or  a 6 year old graphtec ce3000 or fc4100 - the graphtec still gets my vote.
now I know that is not where you wanted to go but just expressing my personal experience and feelings on the matter.  the titan is new for the most part so we don't know 3-4 years down the road what the reliability will be or if parts are available - betting the fc4100 is pushing 8+ years since launch and the one i had cut as good as any cutter I ever owned

• Like 1

Start working earlier... ;D

• Like 2

Hold on - I have to defend him now - anyone that had delt with me knows I am seldom available before noon and if you do get me not as pleasant to deal with lol

• Like 1

Lol... yeah the whole idea of being self employed is not working as hard ad I did working a 9-5... Yeah in reality that's not the case I am busier now than I was before but I love the freedom.

I am working more hours than I was when I had the state job. . . For 4 more years. . . .

• Like 1

Now the little side business I keep saying I will phase out (rv surplus) . . . That isn't going according to plan either. Came back with 7 more radio/DVDs, Bluetooth player today to check out . .. Along with power converters, control panels, some more lip stuff, yup phasing that right out lol

Now the little side business I keep saying I will phase out (rv surplus) . . . That isn't going according to plan either. Came back with 7 more radio/DVDs, Bluetooth player today to check out . .. Along with power converters, control panels, some more lip stuff, yup phasing that right out lol

Nice diversification is always a smart business move, auction or connection ?

Several years ago we used to sell surplus store items we even bought a few skids directly from a distributor a few times...

I would be interested in finding out how to get a hold of surplus items to resell!

It's not that big of a secret.... Google. I used two places one in Tennessee and the other was out of Alabama.  don't remember the names but that should get you close.

It helps living close to Elkhart Indiana where a LOT of revs ar made. I have a supplier that limits me a little but has been good to me. I have tried to give them some help where I can after they had an employee that ran the eBay end allegedly steal 150k and now buys from their source to compete. While suits are going on. The owners are nice people so I have tried to help them get their pricing and mainly descriptions better to dig back out of the hole. For that there are certain things I get to buy at a good price. That and I take things they don't want to test or mess with . . . With an electronics background the radios work good for me when they come in. Never got 7 in one day before though. Ultimately I am hoping they come thru with a factory buy back 5th wheel for me to update with. If it happens it will be a deal

• Like 1

Now days with disposable electronics having working knowledge / repair know how would go a long way. Yeah a 5th wheel would be the ticket, I'd hook up to the truck and take off for a few weeks.

I would be interested in finding out how to get a hold of surplus items to resell!

Use terms similar to this when you search surplus pallets general merchandise stay away from "Wholesale" or "eBay Sellers" those folks are in the business to take your $$$. Remember if it looks like it's too good to be true... it is.

Make sure you understand where the FOB is....