Sign in to follow this  
djque

Cheap people and there orders.

Earlier this year I did a silkscreen order 1 color on a light color shirt and gold writing. So the guy wanted the screen after to go and find someone else that could print them if im busy. He needed somemore and takes the screen to another printer.

The printer says hey its another screen missing for the underbase . I get a call abs there saying i owe him another screen. Im like note it was one color. Well after a week of back and forth I said give me the screen back and i'll print them since your other printer can't get it to work.

He had switched the shirts from a light color to black shirts and waterbase. Im sure the ink is dyed l dryed in the screen.

To top it off he say he has his own shirts and how much. I said same price. He like i paid bla bla for the shirts.I said thats why u should of came to me and i did wverything. Even if i charge him $2.00 to print he still paid $7.00 total.they dont get it.

LoL,

Last year i had a guy he drive race car and he wanted a bunch of shirts screen printed for his family with his name and logo i designed on it

I said okay $7 a shirt bla bla bla and he said okay he wanted like 20 shirts

He came to my house the next day with 20 shirts mis matched all diffrent colors and a few even where like army camo shirts LoL

he got all them from the good will said i Paid .50 cent a shirt now how much will you charge to print on them, i kinda giggled and handed the bag back to them

I said I will use my own shirts and they will be $7 each brand new shirts LoL and all the same color  what a mess he ended up taking me up on my shirts but still

some people don't get the concept at all

this is the shirt i was talking about ..

post-16863-0-35503100-1445123071_thumb.j

Earlier this year I did a silkscreen order 1 color on a light color shirt and gold writing. So the guy wanted the screen after to go and find someone else that could print them if im busy. He needed somemore and takes the screen to another printer.

The printer says hey its another screen missing for the underbase . I get a call abs there saying i owe him another screen. Im like note it was one color. Well after a week of back and forth I said give me the screen back and i'll print them since your other printer can't get it to work.

He had switched the shirts from a light color to black shirts and waterbase. Im sure the ink is dyed l dryed in the screen.

To top it off he say he has his own shirts and how much. I said same price. He like i paid bla bla for the shirts.I said thats why u should of came to me and i did wverything. Even if i charge him $2.00 to print he still paid $7.00 total.they dont get it.

I don't understand why you would give him the screen.   Worst case I'd hold onto the screen for his next order.   If he wants to go somewhere else then they can use there own damn screen.  

• Like 2

I don't understand why you would give him the screen.   Worst case I'd hold onto the screen for his next order.   If he wants to go somewhere else then they can use there own damn screen.  

Yep, why would you give them a screen and your artwork!

I dont even do screen printing was thinking the same thing make your own damn screen what do I look like Good Will

• Like 1

I believe in some states, if you price the "artwork"separately (or screen in this case)

the customer has specifically paid for this and has a right to it....

unless otherwise stated on your invoice.

I usually state that my pricing includes "BASIC SET-UP".

I do charge extra for numerous changes & proofs (generally over 2-3)

additional graphics etc...and I label each new Draft/Proof #1, #2, #3.....

Make a Sign or add to your Invoice:

"Screen setup fees are for the rental and preparation of the screen, for a particular

print job. Payment of screen setup fees does NOT constitute the purchase of a screen."

BUT, some customers aren't worth keeping....

Sue2

I believe in some states, if you price the "artwork"separately (or screen in this case)

the customer has specifically paid for this and has a right to it....

unless otherwise stated on your invoice.

I usually state that my pricing includes "BASIC SET-UP".

I do charge extra for numerous changes & proofs (generally over 2-3)

additional graphics etc...and I label each new Draft/Proof #1, #2, #3.....

Make a Sign or add to your Invoice:

"Screen setup fees are for the rental and preparation of the screen, for a particular

print job. Payment of screen setup fees does NOT constitute the purchase of a screen."

BUT, some customers aren't worth keeping....

Sue2

That is insane.........

The screen is a tool you use to make the product....

If i cut a sign for you do you get the saw I used to make it?  

Does an artist have to give up their paint brush to someone who buys his art.  

Now if someone wants to buy my tools from me I'll be happy to sell them for 2-3 times what I paid for them OR 2 times the money that tool will make me in the future.     

That is insane.........

The screen is a tool you use to make the product....

If i cut a sign for you do you get the saw I used to make it?  

Does an artist have to give up their paint brush to someone who buys his art.  

Now if someone wants to buy my tools from me I'll be happy to sell them for 2-3 times what I paid for them OR 2 times the money that tool will make me in the future.     

The problem comes down to how you word it when the job is quoted/priced.

Of course you don't say X dollars for  the saw/paint brush.....etc.

Yes, the screen is also your TOOL and it shouldn't be mentioned separately

either.

BUT we do tell the customer the screens will cost them X dollars and 

the shirts will be $X each....leading to the impression that the 

customer is paying for the screens......instead of job "SET-UP".

Just changing the wording of how you quote the job will avoid this.

Of course, if they insist on taking the screens.....you can always charge

for the frame, clean-up and storage.

Sue2

I have a few customers pay me for my screens and to store them so they can re use them in the future!

so i just use my screen wash and wash off the ink and keep the stencil on the screen for there next time ordering!

I charge them $50 to keep the screen so i can just order another screen :)

My screens are mine. If they would like the emulsion off it they can collect it at the drain when I pressure wash it off. Necthing you know they'll be demanding your press and dryer.

• Like 1