Coaster36

Vinyl master contour cut not lined up

I dont have a ton of experince with contour cuts and now Im trying to relearn on a new program.

I cant get my contour cut to cut correctly. Its offset by about an 1/8 inch. My graphtec reads the registration marks fine.

I tried the practice cut and the alignment. The alignment was off 1mm and 1.5mm But Im starting to think my test was off because I dont have a pen holder I had to wrap tape around a sharpie. I might take out the changes and try the cut again.

Does anyone have problems with contour cuts with vinyl master? Or have any tips?

I had to calibrate my graphtec for Flexi contour cutting. Go ahead and get the actual Pen and calibrate and test. --I am betting its probably not the software, but the cutter itself.

Here is the page that I received from Graphtec for ARMS adjustment and pen holder:  

ARMS OFFSET TEST PAGE.pdf

I have had no issues with vinyl master contour cutting

I had to calibrate my graphtec for Flexi contour cutting. Go ahead and get the actual Pen and calibrate and test. --I am betting its probably not the software, but the cutter itself.

Here is the page that I received from Graphtec for ARMS adjustment and pen holder:  

How the heck do you use that? 

Vinyl Master has some great tutorials in the softwares help section......I highly suggest looking through them......Also you need the correct pen for your machine....Your masking tape sharpie isn't going to be in the exact same location as your cutting blade.....That's why they make them because both tips are in the same exact location when mounted in the machine so you get the same results....

Got it working. I guess my attempt at calibrating induced my own errors. I recalibrated with the blade and did a few runs. Cutting great so far.

Just need to wait on my paper to arrive and I can finish this run of 75 "stickers"

• Like 1

Im having problems again with contour cutting. Everytime the graphtec tries to find the second registration mark it tries to feed past the end of the paper. I'm sending it the practice cut file.

I tried reinstalling the software because I had made changes since the last time I successfully contour cut something. 

I cant figure it out for the life of me. Im going crazy!

Everything I found online says to make sure the bottom registration mark is about 3 inches from the bottom. I made it about 10 inches and it still wont find it. It keeps feeding past the end of the paper. What setting did I mess up?!

Yes, it thinks its way past the end of the page. There is plenty of blank space after the last registration mark.

Ok thats what i was going to suggest- check that there is several inches after the mark for the media sensor on the back to stay covered.

I wonder if the machine thinks the graphic is turned 90 degrees, or something with orientation....

While troubleshooting I printed a small design on an 11x17 paper, there was about 10 inches of blank space, so thats not the problem. It isn't communicating with the cutter correctly.

Jburns, I think you nailed it on the head. The cutter thinks the x and y axis are different. Im not sure why it changed or how to fix it. 

The machine thinks X is length and the software thinks X is width.

Jburns, I think you nailed it on the head. The cutter thinks the x and y axis are different. Im not sure why it changed or how to fix it. 

The machine thinks X is length and the software thinks X is width.

nevermind.

see how the Y axis is going into the machine. It would mess everything up if I rotated the artwork. 

A few weeks ago I did 75 contour cut stickers and everything was working fine. Since then I changed the language the software uses to communicate to the cutter and installed an "update" from vinylmaster that should have enabled media polling( it still doesnt work). 

But I reinstalled the software and changed the language back. 

post-23799-0-37479600-1441654942_thumb.j

skarekrow, or anyone else who has vinymaster can you do me a favor?

can you,

open the vinyl spooler

open the calibrations tab

click arms practice cut

click yes to having printed the test page

see if my orientation matches yours

post-23799-0-60875400-1441655893_thumb.j

Since non of my cutters have arms it has the arms test greyed out.

Damn, I was sure that was my problem. 

Why would the software think Y is length and the machine thinks its width?

Im reinstalling the software again. I have a job I need to do, damn it.

Seems more like the problem is with the XY axis in the plotter, not the software....

The software is 'successfully' swapping the axis'.

I might have figured it out.

So when I changed the language in the software I was also supposed to change it in the plotter as well, "auto" doesnt auto do anything!. I just changed it in the plotter and now it found all four marks. Im going to print my file again and try it. 

I dont know why it worked the first time I did 75 contour cuts with the old language.