Sign in to follow this  
NickiZ

Removing Vinyl from Cutter

Not sure where this should go actually.  But once your vinyl is cut (when it's on a roll) - what do any of you use to cut it off without removing the whole roll from the cutter?  Any slick tricks out there?

My Graphtec has a slot along the  front, feed the vinyl a little past the weed border and cut with a razor blade

• Like 4

I use a plastic letter opener in that slot that has a small razor blade inside. makes cutting the vinyl even very easy

post-5660-0-01006600-1436471212_thumb.jp

• Like 1

You can use the letter opener in one of the grooves on the front of the machine. I did that with my R31 and it worked quite well to keep my cut offs even

• Like 1

I push cut. I love that feature with the FC series Graphtecs  ;D .

• Like 2

I use a plastic letter opener or just a snap knife in a designated front face grove.

NOTE: SCALP (I'm assuming based on MH cutter) does have a "End action" adj/tab and one of the options is "Advance amount" I set mine to auto bring material forward to that designated grove for quick trimming without hunting for your last cut section. (nipped off the top of a couple decals before I learned this) Mark that designated grove on the edges with vinyl or silver sharpie. Mine is well worn from dragging snap knifes over it before I learned here of the plastic letter openers.

With a graphtec, one of the "easy knives" sliding it along the slot.

With the MH... old friend scissor.