kkeeble

30" AT65 by the yard

I need to do a window decal that is 36" long by 28" wide.. I can buy the vinyl cheap but it is the transfer tape that is outrageous. Does anyone know if you can buy the tape buy the yard or in smaller lengths than 300 feet?

i get all mine from uscutter , i use the greenstar and never have issues and i like the prices as well. i also buy a larger roll than i need and  i will cut the roll down into the widths i use alot of.. saves money also..

can you imagine how much shipping would be on a  few yards of app tape - would cost as much as 10 yards of tape. - now think about how would they rewind a small amount of app tape so it wouldn't have wrinkles - there are just so many reasons they don't sell it in shorter lengths//   its not like vinyl that has a backing on it 

• Like 2

It's not as easy to rewind adhesive tape as one would think. The machine to do it would run $10k+ and the labor would add up too.

• Like 1

Good points.. Didnt think of that..currently i use the AT65 with oracal 651.. What tack should be used from greenstar. There are some small detail cuts. So i was thinking about using the high tack but not sure how tacky it is.Has any one used this configuration.

Be careful with the greenstar clear. I I bought a 24" roll of the GS Clear when I first started and it was horrible. Major tunneling and seems like it has more reaction to temperature changes that the clear choice. I had it tear a couple times in colder weather and ruin vinyl in the process and also had it leave adhesive behind.  The paper GS is better but I still just mostly buy R-Tape.

US Cutter sells sample rolls that are only 100' in length of the Green Star tape http://www.uscutter.com/GreenStar-Layflat-Classic-Transfer-Tape-Medium-Tack-Assorted-Widths-Sample-Rolls.   I bought a 24" roll two years ago for one big decal I made - still have 80' of it, but I doubt it's still good.

if it is in a cool basement i bet it is