Primal Decals

Weeding camo vinyl

I just got some mossy oak vinyl from fellers and was trying to weed it,Is there a simple way to see the cut lines on this stuff omg..I'm Weeding font that says"Nor Cal Off Roaders " in Aftershock font and its taking me for ever to just see the cut lines.Any help is highly grateful..

I just cut and pull the outside off - leaves very little with the graphtec dialed in

• Like 2

That font doesn't look like very much fun. A light underneath or at the right angle over the vinyl should help.

I ordered some camo vinyl once, but the box was empty :blink:

• Like 2

the font isnt fun at all.. Im doing this for a off road group and its been all white till i mentioned camo lol. i have awesome lightbox i made and its been perfect.but with this vinyl it kinda self seals itself and the light wont go thru at all.if you are getting the vinyl from fellers ask who is the rep in your area and they will help you out .. I ended up taking my led light from my cutter i use and actually it helped more than i thought it would, I can actually see a little more of the lines but not like i want lol..

I ran a couple test cuts with that logo, and was able to get everything up in a single pull except the insides of the "O"s and "D". Are you having more trouble than that? If you're cutting a bunch on a single sheet, just weed the top decal, then refer to it when you're trying to locate the insides of the letters on the rest of the decals... does that make sense? I don't have any camo to work with, but I'd assume that unless it breaks apart as you weed, it should still be mostly a single pull if you place a weeding box around each decal. 

• Like 1

PhaedrusZen, Its only with the camo im having the issue of not seeing the cuts, Ive been cutting this and weeding with oracal 651 and it comes off with no problem and the lines just pop out on my light table. but this 3m control tac from fellers is way different.i figured that if i lift my table at about a 10 degree angle. the lines are easier to see, but it still weeds a lot different than my oracal stuff ..the camo is way softer stuff as well .

• Like 1

That's a bummer. It's always tough dealing with curveballs, especially when you get so used to the feel of a certain vinyl. I'll be messing with Chalkboard vinyl for an upcoming order, and wonder how that's going to go... 

• Like 1

lol have fun with that Phaedrus,curious how it  goes tho, let me know - i had people want pink camo vinyl as well but after this ordeal i would have to charge more.but the weeding is dang near double to triple the time. right now for my white vinyl 4" tall by 35-40" long using oracal 651 im getting $35 each installed for these.the camo i bumped it up to 40 ..there is a few sign shops etc here but they are charging $40 for the same design in the same material but charging $90 min for install no matter how small it is.

It has been stated on here to use some carpenters chalk, I think someone said use blue and put it in a sock and just tap the sock on the vinyl along the weed lines...

• Like 1

hmmm . i remember seeing that as well.. Thank you guys for all your input .. Just not liking the camo right now lol..

Here is the first one, the second is getting a white border.I think my cell phone has a smudge on the lens, kinda not clear lol.

post-88251-0-78289400-1426624254_thumb.j

I did skeeter. Its just when you start pulling it up, its so soft in the fine line areas ,the vinyl breaks . versus the oracal . i can just pull and go.I can get the oracal done in under 8 min. The camo well i wont say lol..

I've had some carbon fiber "films" that were labeled as vinyl.  Felt almost like pressed aluminum sheets and harder than hell to weed.  I stay away from "films" now...lol

• Like 1