PhaedrusZen

SCALP 4 Projects becoming Corrupt

I'm having trouble with my saved SCALP projects recently. I lay out all of my decals for a project at once on my off days, so when I'm able I can just cut away and not have to worry about laying decals out. The past three projects have become corrupt after I have saved them and tried to open them later. Haven't changed anything recently with the software, and I'm definitely frustrated. Any ideas, or anyone else having these problems? 

I tried to upload the trouble files but they're too large. When I highlight the projects to open they show up correctly in the preview screen. I'm at a loss. 

I would contact crafts edge the maker of scalp - they dont visit this forum

I've posted on their forum as well, and submitted a bug report, but it seems like there's never much response over there. Just wondering if anyone else here is encountering it as well, or if it's just me...

• Like 1

I'm having the same problem as well as issues opening all my older stuff ie: versions 2 and 3.  Not to mention a host of other issues with not finishing a cut, not retracting the cutting head, cutting a solid line down the cutter past the guides(after setting my size via the cutter)

.  Not to mention a host of other issues with not finishing a cut, not retracting the cutting head, cutting a solid line down the cutter past the guides(after setting my size via the cutter)

Sounds like your on USB?   And could also be static...You don't state your cutter, but value cutters do not have a true USB.. Better to have a serial cable, serail card or Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter.for better connection.

Yes and close... :-)  At first I thought it was static however I've been cutting (here in Florida) for the past year without any issue.

I have a copan and have been cutting over a year with V2, then 3.  Just  updated to SCAL 4 pro (running V3 pro) .   After upgradeing I did not think I had to reload my USB drivers but I did and it solved all my problems.  (most of them.  Still can't load old V2 or 3 projects...

To reload USB drivers simply go into Help -> install USB drivers

So far so good.

Copams do seem to be better built and better reputation,  than the lower end value cutters...Glad it is working better.

• Like 1

Still having trouble with saved projects on SCALP 4. It's been almost 3 weeks, and no help from Craft Edge's forums or support. I submitted another support request and hope I hear something soon. It's killing my productivity... :angry:

Tried uploading another file I was having trouble with, but got a message that I can't upload a .scut file... 

zip (compress) your file and then upload it. Do you use this computer for anything else? Had any problems with other software? Hard drive and power suppply problems first show up with corrupted files! Worth looking into.

I would be the last person to defend Scap as I got ripped off on version 3 which they never got to work and then they wanted money for version 4 which seems like yet another Beta release. So even though your probelm is probably with Scalp, it's worth checking your computer just in case...

• Like 1

Brand new laptop, so if the HD or power supply are going bad, I've got serious problems. I actually got some extremely fast replies from Craft Edge tonight, especially considering the time of the evening that I sent the support request. Not sure what they did, but it looks like I can at least create new projects that will open for me. They had me reinstall SCALP 4 again, and when I looked it was still version 4.018 (same as I had before), but seems to be better. Still can't open the projects I created when it was having issues, but it opens all my really old files, as well as the SCALP 3 files that I get from others in my company. 

Scratching my head, but if it works from here on out, I guess I can't complain! And, again, I was pleased with this round of support from CE. =)