Sign in to follow this  
Dakotagrafx

found the opposite of sign$101

suggested on a fb group that you should use a heatpress to apply htv and not an iron - took more shots than a newbie on s101 with a cricut doing signs for a big retail chain using contact paper - I no longer have an opinion there after all 3 admins chimed in that an iron works just as good as a heat press and saying otherwise was belittling. 

now someone just asked about what transfer paper to use for front print htv and several suggested using contact paper, cling wrap,  app tape etc,   took over a dozen of those suggestions before someone with a clue corrected them - watch now . . .

• Like 2

Well, are you gonna share this group with the rest of us so we can all laugh at them?

I don't think ii will share that one but it is  a huge group of over 12K members - I was seriously outclassed there and guess I need to learn more on how to do this stuff

You should have become the king of the idiots, not exiled. Throw them your scrap vinyl and watch them fight over it.

• Like 5

And you wonder why I just stay here and mind my own business. Safer that way before they get out the pitchforks and torches to run you off.

• Like 2

I saw that post today...

Most post on that group are  :huh:

I'm pretty sure I've been close to getting banned there multiple times.

• Like 1

Somebody needs to share their name. I get bored sometimes  ;D

I just went back and deleted 95 percent of my post that were helpful - they don't need the info they are doing fine  B)

• Like 2

You should have become the king of the idiots, not exiled. Throw them your scrap vinyl and watch them fight over it.

well I have been accused of being a pretty good idiot - high up in that pecking order

• Like 1

I am seriously out of my league there - from an admin - "you should use a pillowcase to cover your transfers - it holds heat"  all this time I have been using teflon sheets and butcher paper ( or even old backing from sign vinyl.   I just keep learnin and learnin.  maybe some day I can be a success if I follow long enough

• Like 2

Let them lead the way with their vast knowledge

• Like 1

vinyl-holics - by the time you get there I will be banned for sure.  they already axed one person that spoke up today.  I think the person asked where to find something and that is expressly forbidden - 

you will never believe it.  I haven't seen so many cricut people in years = it is like the walmart of the vinyl world.  clothes irons and contact paper abound.  a few good eggs I have seen but the admins seem to be - shall we say more from the woods of deliverance than steel magnolias :o

• Like 1

I saw who the Admins were they really don't look like they know what they are doing still waiting to be accepted. So Dakota are you saying 12K members that know nothing?

I'm not saying anything - you determine for yourself.  I can only go on a couple interactions mentioned above but it sure isn't 101 type of info but has their gusto for enforcement - I am picturing lord farquaad myself type of personalities but it was my first interaction and really made me appreciate the group here

• Like 1

Like I said once your family you can't leave. Now get back here  ;D

What really funny is another post 10 hours ago someone posted a picture of their shirt they ironed HTV on and after a wash it looks like garbage..

They don't understand that pressure is just as important as heat when it comes to HTV.

• Like 1

another gem - reason the vinyl won't stick to a small water cooler - it has a "powder coating on the plastic to keep it from sweating"

I wish I would have wrote down all the things my kids said growing up but this is pretty good

• Like 1

They still haven't accepted my invite request.  Every time I go back to check it gives me the option to "Join", which is weird...