security802

Anyone know

0508.circlecar.jpg

I need to create initials like this but with my font, for the life of me I can't get it to work. Either Photoshop Elements or Scalp 3 is what I have, oh and SB

Need to get an older copy of Corel. Piece of pie with the envelope tool. Some text is not going to do good like that, no matter what program you use.

• Like 3

I use AI but they are all similar in concept. If you have issues with it messing up the look using an envelope try doing each letter individually, sometimes it gives a better outcome if you concentrate your envelope on a smaller area than the whole circle. 

I can't help you much with the programs you run but I ended up with the best looking results by just using the Bulge option in the warp pallet within AI and bulged it about 80%. I don't know if SCALP has something similar or not. 

• Like 1

In Inkscape I used Path effect editor, and choose Envelope Deformation then played around with the bend paths to get the desired look.

• Like 1

I did an envelope or two first but they were causing too much distortion so I settled on the other one because it looked better. The font you are using isn't as well suited to manipulation as the simple block of the original. Good practice though either way. Understanding an envelope is huge for throwing text into weird shapes. 

• Like 1