Sign in to follow this  
maynedecals

631 greenstar vinyl for car decals

How are you guys doing? Have a couple questions, i have been using green star 631 vinyl for about 6 months now, Have been applying them to car windows and such, I have read some good and bad reviews about it. I personally have not had any problems with the decals on my car, or any from my customers, i have taken my car threw car washes and such as well. I want to get some of your guys input on it. What do you think about it, or should i switch to oracal 651? Thank you guys for dealing with my rambling  B)  B)  Todd

Switch to 651 or 751 for outside stuff as the 631 has a different adhesive and won't last long outside, sure don't want customers coming back for the wrong reasons.

Donn

My rule of thumb for car decals is not to use anything less than Oracal 751 or 951. Need something that wont fade or crack but also strong enough to withstand other factors such as automatic car washes/pressure washers and extreme hot/cold weather. 

• Like 1

I'm with Moody on this one. Once in a blue moon I'll use a piece if 651 but only rarely because it's not as resilient with all the expansion and contraction that happens on a vehicle. More than you think. 

• Like 1

Try some 751. It's not that much more money and the cast vinyl is way better for your application.

Try some 751. It's not that much more money and the cast vinyl is way better for your application.

Yeah thats what i was thinking, better safe then sorry, What website do you guys buy all your vinyl from? if you dont mind, i seem to have a hard time finding, oil slick, and other color vinyls.. thanks

I buy most of mine right here at USCutter but I don't know about oil slick and other versions. 

GreenStar makes a 631 vinyl?

Which is it - GreenStar or Oracal 631?

Yeah thats what i was thinking, better safe then sorry, What website do you guys buy all your vinyl from? if you dont mind, i seem to have a hard time finding, oil slick, and other color vinyls.. thanks

I buy most of mine from signwarehouse.com