Sign in to follow this  
DNA_Vinyl

Rub n Buff

I have a tube of antique gold that I have used. It does stick on glass although I have not done much product testing to see how resilient it is on glass. I put some on the back of an aluminum cookie sheet and it's been there for a year. Through the bake and wash cycle more times than I can count but that's etched aluminum. 

• Like 1

It works much better on a deeper etch - acid etching and air eraser isn't usually deep enough for it to stick real well.  It rubs off too easily when you try to buff away the excess.

also works better if you rub it on before you remove the mask - if you let it dry that much after you remove the mask it is harder to remove from the areas you don't want it - so far it has been very durable for me but then again i etch with course grit media

If I was to use a agressive Aluminum Oxide in the cabinet for a deep etch, how long would it take for it to dry?  I had someone ask me today at work about doing her boyfriend a 25oz beer mug and color it black.  If I use it, is it washable?

If I was to use a agressive Aluminum Oxide in the cabinet for a deep etch, how long would it take for it to dry?  I had someone ask me today at work about doing her boyfriend a 25oz beer mug and color it black.  If I use it, is it washable?

Great question!

I used and air erasure and did a monogram on a stemless wineglass for myself.  I run it through the dishwasher all the time with now issues.  My only issue was when I applied it.  I rinsed the glass after etching and before taking off the mask.  I apparently didn't get rid of all the water from the rinse.  There was a damp spot when I applied the rub and the rub did not stick where the water is.  

Make sure your item is completely dry when applying!   :P

• Like 1

I used and air erasure and did a monogram on a stemless wineglass for myself.  I run it through the dishwasher all the time with now issues.  My only issue was when I applied it.  I rinsed the glass after etching and before taking off the mask.  I apparently didn't get rid of all the water from the rinse.  There was a damp spot when I applied the rub and the rub did not stick where the water is.  

Make sure your item is completely dry when applying!   :P

Awesome...thanks!

Sounds like something to try. I went to the AMACO website and ordered a 6 tube set so I think I'm going to give it a try.  May be something easy as a upsell item for a few extra bucks.  Thanks guys, Kris