Sign in to follow this  
ForceFed

How can I get a SB file onto SCALP?

I am BRAND NEW to cutting....I did a little research and the answers I thought I found on this subject have not worked. I have some existing files that are known to the be correct size for the application and I actually bought these from the guy that made them, but he used to cut in SB....I bought a LP 2 and it came with SCALP....and I cant get the files to save in an .eps format to open and cut with scalp. I also tried to cut it with SB and it wont send to my machine, just shows an error. Please help out a newbie...and sorry in advance for the stupid questions I may ask.

Welcome.

You are describing two different things.

One, the cutter is failing to accept the "cut" command from SignBlazer.

That could be due to any number of incorrect settings, and you would need to troubleshoot and figure out where the problem is.

Best thing is to have USCUTTER support on the phone and let them walk you through the steps to deal with it.

Now, the second matter is the existing files.

You can open them inside SignBlazer, right?

All you need to do is "Select All" and go to the File Menu and perform the Export function (.eps) -- remember where you are sending the exported file(s) and when scalpro is running, you can import these files.

I did the select all and it selects what's is on the screen, but when I go to "Export" the tiles come up blank, or they come up with everything in the folder that's open. I guess I don't understand what's going on on that screen. I have tried changing the file extension manually, no bueno.....I'm just not sure how to get this converted. And since I am using a Laser point 2, its not in the options for cutters since this program is soo old. Me being a complete Vinyl Cutting newb doesn't help anything here so please bare with me if I post or ask some stupid misinformed things.

Im trying to post a picture here of what I am seeing but for some reason this forum wont let me upload a pic in any traditional manner like most forums, but either linking the pic, or using IMG tags or even the image button here wont work for me, very odd.

Use the "More Reply Options" on the bottom right of the Reply Screen then the "Attach Files" on the bottom left of the posting screen to attach images.

Are you sure the files you are trying to save/export are vector format?

I had the same problem trying to export from SB to SCALP4 and I have a 50" LP2 cutter.  In SB, when you slect your image and go to file and export, it may show everything as a black box like something is wrong.  Just go to the top of the screen and give it a file name and make sure on the bottom of the screen you save it as a .eps file.  When you save it, make sure you note the location.  I forgot that step because SCALP will not pick up on just a eps file.  It needs to know the specific location.  When you find it, it may still show with a SB icon but you can still open it.  At this point, it should be able to be cut in SCALP.  Depending on your image and size, you may want to go ahead and order a Keyspan.  I had trouble with my LP2 cutter mid cycle stopping because of memory issues with detailed cuts.  The Keyspan with the cable that came with the cutter fixed that.  Just a heads up.  Good Luck, Kris