Sign in to follow this  
randalle

which tape for 631?

I see that HT55 is pretty common for 631.  I want to sell some (631) indoor wall graphics... I wonder if the customer base would rather paper or clear tape?  Does any particular type of tape for this application stand out above the others?

....also, as an experiment - i layered some 651 on 631 and made some very large wall decals since I happened to have a surplus of 651 in the colors I needed.  Some of these are actually falling, nightly, off the wall.  Anyone ever experienced that?  it's only 2 color decals.  sheesh, I'da thought 631 was sticky enough to do the job.

*put them up in 2 bedrooms.  1 bedroom stays cooler overnight, and those decals have not budged.  #2 bedroom gets way hotter, stupid zones!, and those decals fall off every night.  : /

ideas? (don't tell me to adjust my dampers... lol... I've been farting with them all fall / winter.)

HT55 all the way. It could be the type of paint that the wall is painted with. Some paints are not vinyl friendly.

Thanks, I'll order some up!

Same paint on both walls.  Only difference is the room temp.  

Wipe your walls down with a DRY micro-fiber or terry cloth. Nothing is easy on orange peel texture. HT55 is specially built for 631. It is a medium tack paper with extra glue to help it get a bite into the mat finish and pull it off the backing paper but still release fairly easy after the install. I don't do a whole bunch of 631 but the HT55 is also fine with other vinyl so I use it elsewhere rather than letting the roll dry up.  

• Like 1

I am 90% set on picking up that roll of HT55.....

But in the interest of having many uses per roll, has anyone tried AT 75?  

Thanks to all for your comments!!

I use AT75 for my smaller vehicle decals made with 651. 631 and larger vehicle decals get HT55. I have not seen a clear app tape that works well with 631.

I tried em all and honestly I'm finding myself using the HT55 for most everything "Oracal"  I contacted R tape and they sent me several different types of App Tapes  small demo rolls but enough to get an opinion.  AT75 is some serious stuff and I thin works best for very small stuff.  they also sent me some RLA 4078  (new according to them) and I really like it.  Reminds me a lot of HT55.  They claim its great for interior vinyl.

I'm finding out in a hurry that it seems that the size of the vinyl piece is gonna dictate what tape to use.  Bottom line, the HT55 is pretty slick stuff

• Like 1

I tried em all and honestly I'm finding myself using the HT55 for most everything "Oracal"  I contacted R tape and they sent me several different types of App Tapes  small demo rolls but enough to get an opinion.  AT75 is some serious stuff and I thin works best for very small stuff.  they also sent me some RLA 4078  (new according to them) and I really like it.  Reminds me a lot of HT55.  They claim its great for interior vinyl.

I'm finding out in a hurry that it seems that the size of the vinyl piece is gonna dictate what tape to use.  Bottom line, the HT55 is pretty slick stuff

Did you notice any difference between the RLA 4078 and the HT55? I was told once that Oracal tape is just re-branded Rtape. Could be the same thing.

Did you notice any difference between the RLA 4078 and the HT55? I was told once that Oracal tape is just re-branded Rtape. Could be the same thing.

Hmmm, I have to say I didn't look at them that close.  I will say they feel like they work about the same.  Sorry I couldn't be more help.

The rep told me that the RLA 4078 was made for indoor vinyls.  I say so far its been pretty good with 651 as well