Gravity

MH vs SC

I'm in the market for a budget cuttrr, I'm looking at the MH series or the SC series.

Which one out of these two should I order?

Also, would you order the 24" or the 34"

Doesn't vinyl come in 24" rolls or 48"?

Thank you

sc

vinyl has the biggest selection in the 24" rolls - then you can get many colors in the 30 or 48" rolls but not as much selection

Im gonna say the SC model.. I have the 25 inch one and it works great. The only thing is that it is a tad noisy and it takes some dialing in. All in al it is a great machine for the price..

Gravity,  Without knowing your intended uses, or your available budget, I would like to suggest that you seriously consider getting the 30" LPII.

For $625 (delivered, including media basket added-on) you will have a unit that will pay for itself fairly rapidly.

The advantages are a better-made machine, quieter operation, superior tracking capabilites, and a media basket.

When I had my SC, it was kinda funky, and I rather wished it was the LPII.

Why the 30" ? Again, without knowing what you'll end up producing with your cutter it's hard to evaluate, but when making banners, signs, car decals, and other items, having the 30" width is useful.

Many will say the opposite -- that they only use the 24", but in my experience the 30" was practical and I had a variety of 30" rolls in the main colors.

Slice, thank you.

I Wil be cutting vinyl lettering for many applications. I will not cut heat press vinyl.

I have sublimation printer and stuff for that so this is just another dabble in the vinyl world.

Slice, thank you.

I Wil be cutting vinyl lettering for many applications. I will not cut heat press vinyl.

I have sublimation printer and stuff for that so this is just another dabble in the vinyl world.

You're welcome Gravity.

For the record, I still own an MH machine (the desktop 14" mini) but it has a major limitation in the size of the throat (the width vinyl it permits to load through). I am not sure why they didn't just add two inches to it and allow the standard 15" vinyl rolls to feed, but for whatever reason the design engineers in China made it so that only 12" will fit, so I have to order that narrower sized material.

Anyway, that has nothing to do with your situation!

Yes, you will be happy with the 34" (max. 30" vinyl) LPII machine, and trust me, $625 is a killer price for having a full-size unit. You won't regret it.

Oh, I should mention, when ordering, if you add vinyl, shipping for those materials will be included for no extra charge on the same invoice as your cutter.

I have an MH, SC & Titan II

When they are dialed in you can not tell a difference in the cut.

If you are making long decals select the SC. If you are just making car window or small wall decals buy the MH .

But remember to install a static wire or you will have a big paper weight with in a few weeks.

Just my two cents -