Sign in to follow this  
newdesignz

cutter keeps going off path and not completing image

i have been doing a large job here and im cutting multiple copys of my image. at first everything was going great and no problems now on random ones while cutting the blade stops and drags along the surface of the vinyl and skips multiple cuts and its ruining it. is this a setting or maybe a weird plug in the whole design is made in sure cuts alot program. im using a mac and a usb to connect. anyone see this before?

Don't know if it will help or not, what cutter do you have?

I find that it helps to shut the cutter off after cutting a couple patterns.  I think it has a small memory that gets full and by shutting it off keeps it from becoming overloaded.  Would be nice if the cutter would communicate a problem like this to Cuts A Lot.

Another thing to check is your ground.  Do you have the cutter grounded?  I ran a wire from one of the cutter to stand mounting screws to the screw holding the electrical outlet cover in place.

Cal

• Like 1

sounds like a good time to call uscutter tech support - they live for helping others!

• Like 1

I doubt it's a memory thing. Most of the time with memory it just stops all together. Check the aforementioned ground, keyspan, or static. More info would help as well (make and model of cutter, etc).