Primal Decals

Working with nodes in scalp

Is it possible to select a group of nodes and move them or copy them to reposition them to a different part of a graphic? what im trying to do is i have a svg rose that has a leaf that is to low on the rose. i want to move that to a higher point on the rose to make it look better  is it possible and how.. Im using scalp and i also have inkscape but im still learning both in this part of editing now..Thank you to all

I think I would just separate it from the stem and locate it where you want it and then weld it.

You can break apart the whole image. Click the node button and highlight the nodes you want to move. Click copy (or cut to completely delete it), Paste it to the side then place it where you want it. Then just weld it.

That's one way to do it.

• Like 2

Another way is to zoom in and delete a few nodes on each side of the stem, or drag the nodes toward the leaf. 

• Like 1

HEEELLLLLPPPPPPP  !!!Hey Eazy or 30-284 ,im hoping you guys or someone can help and for some reason im brain cramping on this ,Im still new to this whole thing of vectors and svg. but i created a txt in Ai and i saved it as a svg, but when i open it in SCALP it shows where my letters all over lap nodes to the next letter instead having them all connected as one. I tried to figure out how to put my image in here for someone to see but havent figured it out yet. I tried looking for a post about nodes in ai and scalp in the forums but no one has started one to explain how to save,or convert from ai to scalp so im really lost now.

I wish someone would take the time to have a post on this for others to explain what to do in Ai and how to save etc to get it to SCALP the correct way ...

I have posted this before,  and there is info in the support section of UScutter.com .  There is a plugin for this.  AI to SCALP

Illustrator export plugin for Sure Cuts A Lot Pro

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/kbpage.html#Vinyl_Cutting_Software_Installation_Use

And for editing nodes in any software you can find online, youtube.com  .  Many tutorials for .ai  as well Scalp and it's forum.

It takes a lot of practice....

Take your pick

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=editing+nodes+in+adobe+illustrator

Scalp pro has their own forum and their own support for their software.... on Craftedge.com

• Like 1

Thanks Skeeter, I forgot about that lol .But when i do that it still does the same thing, my text isnt connected still ...

I can only provide the info,  I don't use Scalp.

• Like 1

I don't use scalp either but the process is somewhat universal...

Transform your text to curves, select the separate parts and weld or union them.

Ya Skarekrow, i dont see where it will let me transform like you say it  will. I dont know why im losing how to do  this all off a sudden,

Some software (Inkscape, for one)  it's referred to as 'Object to Path'.

Some of it will just let you weld the live text.

• Like 1

Something is up. cant get it work . im screwed, i have a few jobs to do and i need to figure this out again.. guess i need to start over somehow