What would you guys charge for a simple 1 color 5in width by 2.3in height car decal? Sorry if this is a newbie question. Thanks!

Are you asking about the car dealer decals? Thats what i was curious about- like runs of 50 or 100

I'm really interested in pricing for the car decals they put on every car.   

I've got an in with a few dealerships and I'd like to throw them a price but I'm not sure on a good price.   

I'm guessing they must be getting them done cheap because they go through about 150-200 a month.   

Has anyone done these?   

I'm really interested in pricing for the car decals they put on every car.   

I've got an in with a few dealerships and I'd like to throw them a price but I'm not sure on a good price.   

I'm guessing they must be getting them done cheap because they go through about 150-200 a month.   

Has anyone done these?   

Do a test run of a hundred to see what your costs are and give them as a free sample with a price quote based on what it's worth to you. Like "hey I do these kinds of decals too in case you are needing any, my price is about....$XX per hundred." That huge order of shirts I posted a couple weeks ago all started with a free hooded sweatshirt and ended up about $7000 not to mention the several thousand in other other smaller purchases they have had me do over the last two years. 

• Like 3

I make some 1.6"x22" chrome decals for a Ford dealership that they put on the back windows of new vehicles. They order about 100 a month and I charge them $2 each. They were paying $2.25 to another sign shop and that place wanted to raise it to $2.75. A friend of mine at the dealership got put in charge of getting quotes, gave me a call, and the rest is history.

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Jburns" data-cid="375659" data-time="1414465182"><p>

Are you asking about the car dealer decals? Thats what i was curious about- like runs of 50 or 100</p></blockquote>

No, I was asking about a specific car decal I was asked to make. But this car dealership info comes in handy also...thanks guys

Do a test run of a hundred to see what your costs are and give them as a free sample with a price quote based on what it's worth to you. Like "hey I do these kinds of decals too in case you are needing any, my price is about....$XX per hundred." That huge order of shirts I posted a couple weeks ago all started with a free hooded sweatshirt and ended up about $7000 not to mention the several thousand in other other smaller purchases they have had me do over the last two years. 

I've thought about that but I don't want to waste my time if they are paying something stupid low like $.25. 

check sidsavage.com to get an idea what many of them pay.

• Like 1

check sidsavage.com to get an idea what many of them pay.

Pretty hard to compete with those prices. At least with cut vinyl.

I've done it and I will not be doing it anymore. Working for free isn't my cup of tea.

• Like 2