cc23rdb

SCALP won't do the separate color cutting.

I am wanting to make some multilayered projects without having to actually having the different colors separated into separate pages. So I have went thru the motions of selecting multicut and cut by color. After clicking which color I want to cut, I select CUT and the program freezes. Come to think of it, it freezes if I look thru a bunch of fonts too. But I really want to be able to make the perfect design, cut by color and not have to move layers to multiple pages.

I am using the MK2 and I am new to vinyl cutting, but I digitized embroidery for about 10 years. The software is similar and very easy to learn.

Oh, what vinyl is best for wall art?

Thanks in advance..

Me personally i never really used SCALP. I use Signblazer which is a free program and very easy to learn and easy cut by colors selection. 

For wall art you would wanna use Oracal 631..  

I don't know if its the cutter or the software causing the problem. On the cut screen, you have tabs for extra settings. You can do multiple copies with rolls or columns and it shows you how it will look on your "cut" piece. It works.. Just not the 'cut by color'.

You won't need multiple pages or layers, just separate the colors and then slide one of them off the mat and it won't be cut, then swap them once that one is cut. Don't forget your registration marks.

Donn

What are registration marks? I haven't come across that yet. I understand sliding it off the mat. I haven't tried that yet. But it would be nice to just cut by color like the program offers. Will try that, though.

Apply your registration marks such as a cross from your shapes window, to the object you will be cutting before you separate it into colors. Then copy and paste it once for each color, then separate each one into a color, deleting the colors you don't want, each one being a different color but each one with the registration marks. Then slide all of the colors that you are not cutting off of the mat. Do each one this way and when you are finished you will line the registration marks up on top of each other and the colors should line up. When lining up the marks it is easier to use the clear tape in order to see the marks.  It may also help when lining up your colors to pull the backing off of the top one and reapply it down lower just far enough so that you can still apply the marks on top of each other but the rest wont stick until you pull the rest of the backing off. Sorry this is so long winded,  I hope this all makes sense.

Donn

Don't see it posted but to cut by color you also have to select the drop down under cut by color tab and select cut each color separately (separate jobs) then select which you want to cut.

djque, when I select the color I want to cut, I get the error....  Sure Cuts A lot 3 pro has encountered a problem and needs to close.  we are sorry for the inconvenience.  and hte send error report..  Gonna take a pic of my screen to show tabs, etc.

Instead of the register marks, guidelines, etc.  I would just like for the program to cut the colors..  very aggrivating.  I get a notification that a new update is available.  after I do the update, SCALP wont start because of a file that is missing..    but, I do love my cutter, and the program is really easy.  hate to complain, but hoped it was an easy fix,

post-88450-0-58515400-1413566820_thumb.j

post-88450-0-16248200-1413566824_thumb.j

click on the error report and post it up.

The error report is in the second pic, right side.. The other windows are what I was using to get the picture saved and stuff. I opened them when I decided to take the screenshots and things.