Sign in to follow this  
busterbay

Beware of new eBay return policy

Update -

Buyer filed Not As Described: 

I pasted the buyers email into the case details ( left out certain info here ):

Hello I received item today and it wasn't what I needed I bought the wrong kind, I need returned this item today. the tracking number is USPS ....... please let me know how I can get refunded. also I will leave you a great Feedback when completed. Thank you

I still lost despite this information.

Having a no refund policy is useless.... My guess is eBay is trying to force everyone to sign up for their new program or "point out".

How sad.  Ebay definitley seems to side with the buyer not the seller.  In this case he admitted he made the mistake.  Since our products are generally custom made what are you suppose to do, refund his money and be stuck with an item you made at his request, to his specs, and now cannot sell to someone else?

How sad.  Ebay definitley seems to side with the buyer not the seller.  In this case he admitted he made the mistake.  Since our products are generally custom made what are you suppose to do, refund his money and be stuck with an item you made at his request, to his specs, and now cannot sell to someone else?

Most likely it will go in the trash. I am glad we have big margins on this type of work or we could all go broke. Biggest loss is time.

read that in the ebay blast a week or so ago that they changed the policy on allowing returns of "custom" stuff.  they just keep working toward making it a retail type place and not what made it big in the first place - a glorified garage sale site.   

• Like 1

read a little yesterday that facebook may launch a competing site - I definitely hope so just for the competition

• Like 5

read a little yesterday that facebook may launch a competing site - I definitely hope so just for the competition

count me in...I'd love to tell Ebay to kiss my ass.

• Like 3

That could get interesting

This is what I read....  Facebook is putting the threat to Paypal....  A lot of you people might want to sign up for this newsletter.  A lot of great info!!..  They send it out many times over a week..  It is for the online auctions, shipping, etc.  ecommerce sites.

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y14/m10/i06/s03

• Like 1

Hey Banner John......tell us how you really feel !(LOL)

• Like 1

I thought the majority of you guys didn't waste your time with eBay? Too many idiots selling for pennies.

Most of us old timers have always sold on EBAY..  That is our major income... I have sold on Ebay since 2006. I sure don't sell for pennies, never did and am quite busy...  You have to find that niche' and it looks like we have...And we didn't do it over night, we worked at it, trial and error on products,  I still change designs, add designs, you have to, if you want to be successful.

• Like 4

This makes me glad I don't use eBay (Other than to buy). I get all of my business off of either Facebook or Instagram and have zero cost in advertising! The only fees I pay out go to Paypal, and a lot of times my customers send the funds as a gift. 

This makes me glad I don't use eBay (Other than to buy). I get all of my business off of either Facebook or Instagram and have zero cost in advertising! The only fees I pay out go to Paypal, and a lot of times my customers send the funds as a gift. 

That still does not stop buyers from making a claim on Paypal..

• Like 5

To follow up on Ms.Skeeters point. Paypal now has instituted a 180 days (SIX MONTHS) window for a customer to make a return, for whatever the reason.

UPDATE.  Due to a lot of sellers not going along with the new Holiday return policy they have totally dropped it. There will be no loss of Top Rated status or forcing you to offer returns up to 6x the length of time required to be Top Rated.

What they are offering is a 5% incentive if you decide to offer the longer Holiday returns. So you get 25% off the selling fees instead of 20%.

My math says it isn't worth it. EX. $300-20% = $60 discount    $300-25% = $75 discount + 3 months of extra trouble/extra time = No thanks.

• Like 1

UPDATE.  Due to a lot of sellers not going along with the new Holiday return policy they have totally dropped it. There will be no loss of Top Rated status or forcing you to offer returns up to 6x the length of time required to be Top Rated.

What they are offering is a 5% incentive if you decide to offer the longer Holiday returns. So you get 25% off the selling fees instead of 20%.

My math says it isn't worth it. EX. $300-20% = $60 discount    $300-25% = $75 discount + 3 months of extra trouble/extra time = No thanks.

Do you have a link to the info ?

Thanks

Do you have a link to the info ?

Thanks

No, it was sent in an email and it was deleted after I read it. Probably buried somewhere on the site but no clue as to how to find it.