Sign in to follow this  
busterbay

Online Sellers

Do you use the shipping services provided by the big online selling outlets or do you use your own like endicia, stamps.. etc ?

I always use paypal when i sell something.. That is all my wife uses as well. you can print the shipping label right from paypal

• Like 1

I use Paypal shipping, and if your a Top Rated seller on Ebay, you get up to $100 insurance for Priority and plus services....

It is faster and cheaper (no monthly fee) to skip the third parties. You can run into some printers not being supported by them also, who would of thought that a dedicated shipping label printer would not be supported by Stamps...

I use Paypal, and if your a Top Rated seller on Ebay, you get up to $100 insurance for Priority and plus services....

With Paypal the lowest price is a $1.93 - a regular stamp works most of the time but 1 out of 20 gets the email of  " I didn't get my ..... "

I was wondering if there is lower cost shipping options with tracking for 1 - 6 oz items ?

No tracking any more is considered a "GIFT."...  Buyers who do a lot of online shopping, know this...  I only know the shipping for the USPS....  You can raise your prices to make up for the shipping costs...I just add it in to my prices and offer FREE shipping...Then no one can ding you for shipping costs. 

• Like 1

No tracking any more is considered a "GIFT."...  Buyers who do a lot of online shopping, know this...  I only know the shipping for the USPS....  You can raise your prices to make up for the shipping costs...I just add it in to my prices and offer FREE shipping...Then no one can ding you for shipping costs. 

You are correct once we opted to ship all of our items with tracking everything I shipped found it's destination. 

I just wonder how the sellers with the less than $5 items and free shipping make it. They have to be making less than minimum wage, after you factor in supplies, shipping, cc & selling fees. Quite honestly I thought I may have been missing out on a shipping option.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="busterbay" data-cid="372666" data-time="1411778906"><p>

You are correct once we opted to ship all of our items with tracking everything I shipped found it's destination. <br />

<br />

I just wonder how the sellers with the less than $5 items and free shipping make it. They have to be making less than minimum wage, after you factor in supplies, shipping, cc & selling fees. Quite honestly I thought I may have been missing out on a shipping option.</p></blockquote>

Does the phrase will work for food come to mind

You are correct once we opted to ship all of our items with tracking everything I shipped found it's destination. 

I just wonder how the sellers with the less than $5 items and free shipping make it. They have to be making less than minimum wage, after you factor in supplies, shipping, cc & selling fees. Quite honestly I thought I may have been missing out on a shipping option.

There are other shipping options, they just involve more than one shipping partner and longer delivery times. The people who sell the small items usually make up for it in the volume they do and/or have other items that profit 500-1000% for each sold. (Small items = loss leaders) The farther up the ladder you go, the more discount you get on selling fees too. Then you also have the other ways/places to sell online to cover Ebay costs.

When I started out I sold cheap items, nothing to do with decals, but something to bring in volume and that would raise my feedback up.. It helped me.. I made a little money, but that was not my main intent..  It was to get positive feedback.. A lot. Fast.!

• Like 2

I like and use Stamps.com. It works good for my needs and keeps everything organized in one place.

I like and use Stamps.com. It works good for my needs and keeps everything organized in one place.

What's the lowest price you ship an item and include tracking ?

The postage sites are not so forth coming with information or I wouldn't ask.

The lightest thing I ship is 4 oz. and that ships for $2.01 w/ delivery conformation. Up to 3 oz. is $1.93. If you sell on multiple sites it's worth the $16 a month to be able to import all of your orders. Once you print the postage, it automatically marks them as shipped and adds the tracking info. I'd also recommend getting a used Zebra LP2844 label printer.

The lightest thing I ship is 4 oz. and that ships for $2.01 w/ delivery conformation. Up to 3 oz. is $1.93. If you sell on multiple sites it's worth the $16 a month to be able to import all of your orders. Once you print the postage, it automatically marks them as shipped and adds the tracking info. I'd also recommend getting a used Zebra LP2844 label printer.

Thanks, for the information. I am glad I asked before buying a subscription at one of these sites.

As Mz Skeeter said Paypal is right inline with the prices. 

• Like 2