Sign in to follow this  
pshawny

Thanks Clean Cut Blade!

Bringing this post I ordered a 60 degree today cant wait for it. Planning on buying the 45 next week. I got some flock to cut so the 60 was a smidge more important.

Bringing this post I ordered a 60 degree today cant wait for it. Planning on buying the 45 next week. I got some flock to cut so the 60 was a smidge more important.

I use the 60 for everything - in all my blade holders

Interestingly I had a conversation with the Summa tech one day. Regular Summa blades are actually 36deg. I asked what the deal was. Their take is that for regular cutting the lower angle pulls cleaner (like the caster on a car or your front wheels on a shopping cart). I have tired both a Clean Cut 60deg and my regular 36deg on several test cuts with some really tiny text and couldn't see the difference. I actually have switched back to the Summa factory blades as they are very slightly cheaper and appear to last the same. (I actually broke the tip on my CC 60 before it should have happened so went back to Summa. 

BUT to be TOTALLY CLEAR CC blades compared to the regular stuff that a lot of cutters come with are a LOT better. Not knocking them at all and by golly you better lighten up your pressure when you put them in because they really are sharper than your average blade (just did not have that experience with Summa blades LOL).