restless-rooster

a few questions.

Hey all. New here and new to cutting and I have a few questions. I apologize if these have been asked many times.

I have a mh871 and I'm using scalp3. I am getting jagged lines so I read I need to adjust the offset and using the mh871 I read it is in the software, but I can't find the option in scalp.

Also when I try to cut a small design (2 inches) the cutter likes to pull parts out and basically weed it for me, but the wrong parts lol. Is that basically a speed issue? Should I slow it down for smaller cuts?

Adjust your offset in the window that pops up when you hit cut, I would also check the amount of blade sticking out, also make sure you are using a sharp blade.

Donn

For smaller designs you should slow the speed down considerably. I have learned this the hard way. :huh:

The blade manufacturer may have the offset for you, otherwise for a 45 degree blade I would try .25mm.

Donn

Just to be clear offset affect corners or other places the blade changes direction.it won't fix straight lines or gradual curves. Material lifting is too much blade exposed 99.999% of the time

• Like 2

Agree with Jaybird. To much blade will start to lift the pieces up.. Been there and done that..  MZ Skeeter has posted ohh about 100 times how to set the blade corectly

Just to be clear offset affect corners or other places the blade changes direction.it won't fix straight lines or gradual curves. Material lifting is too much blade exposed 99.999% of the time

Thanks for the info. I thought the blade was fine because it was fine on larger cuts. I'll adjust it today. How about the jagged lines? I had slightly jagged lines on a 4 X 4 inch not very intricate design. Slow the cutting speed?

jagged lines would not be offset (think square corners or not for offset)  there are several threads if you use the search box on this and various solutions from baud rate, to slow it down, to bad graphics files, to never found out and upgraded . .  . .

It very well could be the design needing cleaned up, as well as speed, blade exposure, tracking problems etc. but I would bet on blade exposure.