Joe Link

Tips on bulk ordering color die-cut decals?

I apologize if this isn't the correct place to put this, or even if it belongs on the forum, but I'd like to get some feedback/insight. 

I'm looking to spend $300-$600 on 2"x5" die-cut decals for my business. One word is white, the other is red, does that count as one color or two? 

I've never ordered this type of decal before, so I'd appreciate any tips you can give me for getting the best value for my money, as well as some sources I should check out. 

Thanks!

I'm sure offers will   be along soon but it will be much cheaper to get machine cut - creating a die will cost more than the decals I would think

I'd call it a two color decal and you may be in luck that's what most members on here do for a living...

now let the bidding war begin  ;D

• Like 1

Hah, thanks guys! 

I'm sure offers will   be along soon but it will be much cheaper to get machine cut - creating a die will cost more than the decals I would think

What's the difference?

Die cut is just that a die that stamps out a design. Most on here use a computer aided plotter with a blade that follows the computers directions. A die makes 1 shape, a plotter can make infinite designs.

Not really. You remember the sheets of sticker when you were a kid? They were die cut. You only use die cut when doing thousands and thousands of the same thing usually. Your logo is no problem with a plotter at the numbers you need.

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking the number of decals for the initial order will come out somewhere between 1,000 and 2,500. I'm not sure how quickly we'll need to re-order, but I'm hoping fairly quickly :)

Your not going to get 1,000 - 2,500 decals at $600. Maybe you should save a little more, buy your own plotter and cut them as you need them until you can justify having a die made. You could always look into getting them printed, but you still are not going to get anywhere near those numbers of decals with what most charge.

Wholesale print would be near $1 each. At that budget you may need to learn Chinese and look to outsourcing

actually that small and printed on the cheap stuff could be done in that range - with a simple shape like rectangle  - defiantly not contour each letter though :/

That distressed font would be darn near impossible to cut on a plotter and no way I would contour all those letters and weed them - in that case Jay is right learn chinese

• Like 1

Been doing a lot of those eroded fonts in siser lately which is why I am not bidding on this. I know better.

• Like 1

die cutting ruffles the feathers like someone referring to a magazine as a clip - they should be shot till they can tell the difference!  a magazine has a spring - a clip doesn't 

Ok so how come my heat press says it's ready to print? That one drives me bonkers

• Like 1

I appreciate the feedback, guys. 

Any suggestions as to what would look best on a vehicle, in my price range?

I appreciate the feedback, guys. 

Any suggestions as to what would look best on a vehicle, in my price range?

just take away the distressed look. its a cutter and weed hater.

• Like 1

The little pieces will have to be removed manually even if die cut. It's a waste of time and money.

• Like 1

Hmm, just thinking out loud here. I really appreciate all the replies!

Could the shape of the letters/font be retained, with the distressed look removed?

If I wanted to keep the distressed look 'inside' the font, by having black ink printed on the white and red, would that work? It would still appear distressed, but the die-cut lines would be solid.