I think I have found myself looking for about an hour online for a safety ruler. Sounds ridiculous but I never new how expensive they can get!  I know what I am looking for but can't find it in the size I want.  Now before I settle for a larger size I thought I would ask...  What are you guys using?  I've already been told my plotter size is kind of overkill so the last I need is a bunch of supersized tools to go along with it ;)  I have quite a few metal rulers and a Tsquare from when I was in college but definitely looking to protect my digits.

I have a 40in Big Blue that I bought with my cutter but honestly I cut 90% of everything with a 24.5"x 6.5" Fiskars see through craft/sewing ruler that i confiscated from my wife when she wasn't looking. That thing is perfect for making nice balanced graphics. Does such a great job I can safely use the edges of my app tape to align things for install instead of having to spend so much time finding the center etc...Still use the Big Blue once in a white though but could live without it if I had to. 

• Like 1

I glue thin cork to the back of my rulers to prevent them from moving when I cut with them.

Nice!  I have gotten quite a few ideas.  Maybe put them all together and glue a piece of angled aluminum on a clear ruler with a bit of cork on the back?  How does that make for a ruler?  or else go ahead and buy the big foot ruler but they don't have the 31".  My plan is to build a 4'x8' table so I can go with the larger size but im loving everyone's ideas instead

I love your quote Eazy.  Too funny.  I think I'm about set up with all the basics now.  My machine comes tomorrow.  But I can't set up in my warehouse space until the 1st.  So I'll catch you guys on the flipside! Thanks so much for all of your help.  This community is such a godsend.

I have 3 Sooper Edge Safety Rulers

yeah..unfortunately those are a little high priced for me as I have just ordered my machine and everything that goes along with it.

LOL

he didn't pay for them..... the government did.