THEJTINS

I need a Logo

LIke the title says, I need a logo for my shop. I'm not a wiz graphic designer like most of you guys so I thought if someone was a little bored you may wanna whip something up. My buisness is Advanced Signs and Graphix. Just lookin for something that has an emphasis on the first letter of each word.. I'm thinkin like a crazy brush stroke or hand written design. Where the word. Advanced is over the top of the others and the word "and" is actually the "&" sign.

just wondering here but it sounds like you have a pretty good idea what you're looking for already,

why don't you give it a shot, get a rough sketch going and then post it and we can help you clean it up and/or critique it.

• Like 6

Advanced Signs & Graphics?

If you can't come up with a logo on your

own, how will you help your customers?

They willl expect YOU to create their logos.

Some will have an idea....some not a clue.

Just my 2 cents.

Sue2

For ideas, you might try looking around at:

http://logotournament.com/

• Like 3

Advanced Signs and Graphix

I understand your point Sue. I'm just really indecisive on it. That or I have a case of logo block. I can see it in my head but when I try to put it to design I can't seem to duplicate it.  

Most times I can whip up something for a customer in no time but I spent several years changing and tweaking mine until I was happy with it. Gotta start somewhere.

• Like 1

I had an Idea told someone they came up with it and I changed it slightly and now I like it. Jay tweak it more naw just kidding buddaaaay lol

I had an Idea told someone they came up with it and I changed it slightly and now I like it. Jay tweak it more naw just kidding buddaaaay lol

I chose to take the path less taken. When most graphics shops have fancy swooshes and doodads I chose a simple professional look but you know 1 day I'll end up tweaking it some more.

I adhere to the KISS philosophy some of the logos I have seen you have to study them to read them looks nice but sucks at getting the message out.

I am no graphic designer and have paid for more then one logo design for customers when I could not come up with a design I liked I make my money off the signage and installs. I even farm out complex vectorizing to me it is cheaper to pay a few bucks then wasting time that I could make twice as much doing something I am more productive at.

• Like 3

I adhere to the KISS philosophy some of the logos I have seen you have to study them to read them looks nice but sucks at getting the message out. I am no graphic designer and have paid for more then one logo design for customers when I could not come up with a design I liked I make my money off the signage and installs. I even farm out complex vectorizing to me it is cheaper to pay a few bucks then wasting time that I could make twice as much doing something I am more productive at.

I thought this was just a military phrase we use all the time. For those of you who don't know what the KISS philosophy is, it's: Keep It Simple Stupid.

• Like 2

I thought this was just a military phrase we use all the time. For those of you who don't know what the KISS philosophy is, it's: Keep It Simple Stupid.

I try to use in all aspects of my life another one as I have aged work smarter not harder just a little forethought can save you many steps and a lot of time another way is to have a young, helper to do all your packing/carrying for you...lol

I try to use in all aspects of my life another one as I have aged work smarter not harder just a little forethought can save you many steps and a lot of time another way is to have a young, helper to do all your packing/carrying for you...lol

We use that in the Army too. Work smarter not harder.

Everybody keeps changing their gravatar. Makes me have to look twice to see who is saying what. :blink: LOL

• Like 2