Sign in to follow this  
JessXEmoji

Customers wants a Proof

Spent part of the day speaking to a customer online for a custom order. Once we settled on eveything they asked to get a poof before they buy it. And i had already told them I would make a listing on etsy for them. You think they want high quality proof to copy? Ive never had luck on custom orders they always never respond after I show them the final product. Kinda tired of wasting my time.

I wouldn't send anything high quality. Put a water mark over the top and send them a normal pic nothing fancy

• Like 2

Change the Name and Numbers slightly to decrease the ease of straight reproduction.

Low-res JPG is what I've sent via email to clients, and they are fine with that.

(SignBlazer easily exports low-res JPG and it's never been a problem with a customer to see and approve)

we do watermarked and secure pdf documents (password protected) so the only thing you do is open the image, you're not allowed to edit or even print the document.

it's not fool proof, but it gives us the option to send high quality proofs that cannot be edited or printed.

• Like 1

we do watermarked and secure pdf documents (password protected) so the only thing you do is open the image, you're not allowed to edit or even print the document.

it's not fool proof, but it gives us the option to send high quality proofs that cannot be edited or printed.

This would explain why so many do a screen capture and print it out. Like you said though nothing is 100% secure.

This would explain why so many do a screen capture and print it out. Like you said though nothing is 100% secure.

yea print screen is definitely a problem for us.  but at least whoever copies it, sees watermark & disclaimer, and if they still copy it they have to go through the work to re-draw it.

Shame is they'd throw a fit if somebody did that with 1 of their proofs. Whenever somebody brings me something like that I try to get them to let me do something similar but not that.

Get a Deposit FIRST!

That'll eliminate many that had plans to short ya.

• Like 3

Spent part of the day speaking to a customer online for a custom order. Once we settled on eveything they asked to get a poof before they buy it. And i had already told them I would make a listing on etsy for them. You think they want high quality proof to copy? Ive never had luck on custom orders they always never respond after I show them the final product. Kinda tired of wasting my time.

I agree with the rest of them low res I have been bit a few times giving a proof. Watermark and low res.